Forging Fury

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"Now that we are in? We find an actor who will do what we wish without asking questions. We may need to pay him with barter or promises, as our material wealth is limited...ideas about how to accomplish this objective?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, we can still try to secure transport to Fort Zombie. Or, we have some of the gear from our fallen comrades that we can ofter to said actor." Tenor suggests.

Kerrz

First Post
Giving the small warforged their plan of attack -- find someone who can give them false papers and a plausible excuse to be riding the lightning rail to Fort Zombie -- the group sets off to the seedier parts of Rekkenmark.

The little warforged slinks through the shadows of taller buildings, slipping into deeper shadow as an airship passes by overhead with the roar of fire from its elemental ring. Finally, Ripper leads the group down a dark alley towards a rotten wooden door set a few steps below ground level into the back of a large stone building.

Opening the door, slowly, Ripper peaks his head through into the even darker interior. He beckons the group inwards as the last glimpses of the setting sun disappear from the roofs of the surrounding buildings.

After everyones eyes have adjusted to the low lighting, the group realizes that they are in a low-ceilinged tavern filled with round tables. Ripper points out one of these with a spindly finger and the group sits down while the small warforged slinks to the bartender.

Returning to the table, Ripper grins slightly before whispering loudly, "Yes... there should be a man coming here tonight who can solve all of your problems... yes, yes."

"We must wait. Wait, wait. He will come."

Time passed on, and the Warforged watched groups of questionable individuals enter the room now and then. Tenor ordered a round of drinks for the group, to avoid getting a heavy glare from the bartender... and then tried to break into a song, however he was quickly quieted by a group of large men to his right.

Finally, Ripper skittered off to a side table, apparently having found his quarry. Returning to the table with Ripper was a tall human in ragged finery. A grizzled beard and shaggy hair framed a face that had seen many years and many drinks... however his hands were steady, and the leather pouch and scroll case at his side appeared to be in immaculate condition.

Sitting down in a free chair he addressed the group, "I understand you have a business proposition for me..."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Yes, indeed we do. We require traveling papers so we can ride the Lightning Rail with a bit more anonimity than we currantly could." Tenor says.

OOC: Diplomacy +7

Last edited:

Kerrz

First Post
"Ahh. Yes... I can provide that service. One moment please," the ragged man says as he looks over either shoulder and takes out the immaculate pouch and scroll case. Carefully he lays his tools out on the rickety table and looks over the group.

"Now... what story should we tell? You say you want anonymity... Who could you pretend to be that would be anonymous? You're still four warforged travelling alone. You're going to turn heads no matter who you pretend you are. Perhaps your plan needs more than a few forged documents, eh?"

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
North stares silently for some time before speaking.

"Our owner and loved master is far too sick to travel. He suffered greivous injuries in service to Karrnath during the war and they pain him terribly. As such, he has sent us on a mission of some importance without him: that of buying more warforged. Since his most prized servant was a gifted warforged quartermast in the war, he has sent me, along with these others for protection, on a purchasing trip to whichever city lies closest to our destination...I am not sure which one would suffice. What documents would that story need? Would it provide sufficient cover?"

Ringmereth

First Post
"I believe such a story would still cause difficulties. I have another approach with better odds of success: we require a man to act as our master or equivalent during our journey. Warforged acting alone will cause suspicion, but if we are accompanied by someone posing as a wealthy human individual requiring security, our presence would be easily justified," Agarndas explains. "Could you be pursuaded to imitate such a person for the duration of our trip?"

Last edited:

Kerrz

First Post
"Persuaded? ...yes I could... but not by fancy words. Something a bit more shiny to grease my wheels perhaps?" the ragged man states.

"By the way. My name for this venture, if you can provide my fee, will be Therius Pile. You may refer to me as such in our business dealings from here on out," Therius explains.

Kerrz

First Post
"Ah, my mechanical friend... that's not how business is done. How much are you willing to part with for my services? How important is it for you to get where you're going? How valuable are my talents?" Therius responds.

Remove ads