• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forging Fury

Bront

The man with the probe
Tenor ponders for a moment, and replies "Well, we could probably part with 15 gold for your initial services, and an additional 15 at the end of our trip, just to keep things on the up and up of course."

Last edited:

Ringmereth

First Post
"I would stand with his offer; however, we also possess a significant amount of equipment which is of little value to us. You might be capable of putting it to use, or selling it for an acceptable price," Agarndas offers.

Kerrz

First Post
Therius looks appraisingly over the blank faces of the gathered warforged. He looks at their slightly soggy appearance and grins. "My new friends... I don't believe that you have met my premium. We are talking about putting my life into your hands. Surely you can afford something better than a measly 30 gold marks," he states bluntly.

OOC: For the record, the gear picked up from Wander and Shadow is:
Greatsword
Masterwork Smith's Tools
Wander's ID and Travelling Papers
Painter's Tools
Morningstar
Dagger
Canvas (10sq yds)
5 Torches
50' Silk Rope
(All but the weapons went into the bag of holding anyway)

191gp 17sp 5cp

Ringmereth

First Post
"It would be possible. A sum of 30 marks up front and an additional 30 upon the completion of our arrangement would be within our means. We also have the identification and travelling documents for one Warforged, if you could profit from such items. Is this satisfactory?" Agarndas asks the human.

Kerrz

First Post
"I'm sorry... that's just not enough for me. You're talking about putting my life and livelihood on the line. Can you imagine the trouble I would be in if one of those guards found out what I did for a profession? Surely you can bid higher than 60," Therius comments.

OOC: Yes... I am rolling for Diplomacy. Yes... you keep failing. I'm not going to give you free gold because your companions were slackers so the DC for your attempts is fairly high.

Bront

The man with the probe
"I think we could go as high as 40 and 40. But you're beging to push it human." Tenor says with a stern look. "Though, I supposed if you're interested in a greatsword, we could probably part with one as well as part of the payment."

Kerrz

First Post
The human looks at the gathered group of warforged, then turns back to Ripper and says, "Thanks for wasting my time," before standing up.

"You'll have to do quite a bit better than that. I will take part in your endeavour for no less than 80 upfront and 80 when you reach your destination. If you can't match that, then I might as well be on my way," Therius says with a fair taste of finality in his voice.

Bront

The man with the probe
"How about we call it 70 and 70, and we throw in a nice set of legitimate credientials that you should be able to use at a later date?" Tenor proposes. "Surely the extra money you could earn while in posetion of such items could prove to be quite valuable to marklets you have friends in, and no one will trace down the origionaly."

Kerrz

First Post
"Call it a deal. Now clear some room and don't knock the table about. I have sensitive work to be doing..." Therius commands as he sits back down at the table and produces his tools.

After several hours Therius finishes the task and looks at Ripper. "There, completed. Now all we need is a way to get to the Lightning Rail station without any fuss. I believe that's where you come in, my little friend. Lead the way," he says.

OOC:[sblock]The ONLY reason I'm letting you get away with the 70/70 deal is because you rolled 20 on d20+7. I was about to have Therius walk away out of spite, but then I made a roll... and we'll go with the dice. However, keep that in mind. I am not going to give you free money. There is no reason in the world either of those players should have been carrying around 190gp, and if you were humanoid races, I probably would have knocked the first person who mentioned looting them (Agarndas) down to evil. Since you're warforged, I'll let alot of the morality issues slide, but keep in mind that just because YOU don't think something is vile and evil, does not mean that EVERYONE ELSE thinks the same thing.

This doesn't need any more discussion, as it has wasted enough time already, but I wanted you guys to know WHY I was wasting time bartering. You have 190gp worth of free money, not treasure, not looted items -- free money that a "good" party of folks would not have looted. The world will balance itself out.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads