• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forgotten Heroes - DnD [Back to DnD]

Amazing Triangle

First Post
gabrion said:
I originally jumped up to play an archivist, but I'm wondering if I might be able to change that. If you'd allow it, I'd like to play a Wizard 1/Druid 4/Arcane Hierophant 1 (using Precocious Apprentice to qualify).

Changing your mind is part of the game! :p I will edit the entry to reflect it. Intresting way to tweek the requirements :uhoh:

Last edited:

gabrion

First Post
Amazing Triangle said:
What is Precocious Apprentice? And what book is it in so I can read it? Changing your mind is part of the game! :p I will edit the entry to reflect it.

It's a feat from Complete Arcane (pg. 181) that allows a 1st level arcane caster to cast one second level spell.

gabrion

First Post
Ok Amazing Triangle, I've another question for you. Going with the jungle theme (and possibly dropping the prefix of traveling scholar), how do you feel about anthropomorphic animals from savage species?

Amazing Triangle

First Post
If I am not mistaken most of them have an LA 1~2 but have 2~4HD so no too much tied up in race. So no. So are none of the PHB, nor environmental variants, nor Races of books hitting your crazy creature idea button. Lupin or Catfolk?

gabrion

First Post
Amazing Triangle said:
If I am not mistaken most of them have an LA 1~2 but have 2~4HD so no too much tied up in race. So no.

Well the one I was looking at is the bat, which has 1 HD (which would be replaced with a class level) and +0 LA. If you'd rather keep them out for other reasons though, I'm fine with that.

So are none of the PHB, nor environmental variants, nor Races of books hitting your crazy creature idea button. Lupin or Catfolk?

I like the catfolk a lot, but I don't really want something with a LA. I'll have to look at environmental variants and I must say I'm not familiar with the Lupin...I'll have to look that one up.

Edit: Maybe a shifter would work if you're allowing Eberron material? As a side-note, in your game, will human druids lose their bonus feat while wild shaping?

Edit #2: It just occured to me that the Vanarra (from OA) might be a good fit for this kind of character. They are monkey-like creatures who live in forests and revere nature, plus they give some nice boosts. Would you allow them as a race and possibly allow druid to be one of their favored classes?

Last edited:

Amazing Triangle

First Post
gabrion said:
I like the catfolk a lot, but I don't really want something with a LA. I'll have to look at environmental variants and I must say I'm not familiar with the Lupin...I'll have to look that one up.

Dragon Compendium Volume 1

gabrion said:
Edit: Maybe a shifter would work if you're allowing Eberron material? As a side-note, in your game, will human druids lose their bonus feat while wild shaping?
1. Eberron races are ok because they are in MM3.
2. I don't understand this question druids retain their feats while wild shaping

gabrion said:
Edit #2: It just occured to me that the Vanarra (from OA) might be a good fit for this kind of character. They are monkey-like creatures who live in forests and revere nature, plus they give some nice boosts. Would you allow them as a race and possibly allow druid to be one of their favored classes?
This would be an ok race if you add: -2 Cha (you're are a freakin monkey more so the race has an unbalanced score +2 Int, +2 Wis, -2 Str this makes it balanced) and favored class is Druid it fits the class

gabrion

First Post
Amazing Triangle said:
2. I don't understand this question druids retain their feats while wild shaping

I've seen several DMs rule that human druids lose their bonus feat while in wild shape because it is a racial ability. I think there was a rules of the game article that said something like this a while back, but it's good to see you aren't using those rules (I always thought they were pretty silly myself).

This would be an ok race if you add: -2 Cha (you're are a freakin monkey more so the race has an unbalanced score +2 Int, +2 Wis, -2 Str this makes it balanced) and favored class is Druid it fits the class

That sounds fair to me and I think I'll be using that race. I'm gonna be a crazy tribal monkey druid with a dinosaur companion...this should be fun!

Voadam

Legend
Amazing Triangle said:
Ok then you are the last one in. Lets make somthing that doesn't have all of it's levels in Monsterous Humaniod :p 9 is our total. Moonstone or Voadam a caster, arcane of some sort there really isn't anyone with area damage. Even a Druid would help. Sounds like we have quite the team going! Just get me some backgrounds.

You want me to switch to an arcane caster type? No problem, I'll come up with something.

Remove ads