• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forgotten Realms- Cormyr Specific Prestige classes

kobold

First Post
I'm looking for a list of Cormyr specific prestige classes, and then general Realms -yet approproate for Cormyr prestig classes.
Does such a list exist?
Thanks,
Andy

Vascant

Wanderer of the Underdark
Wizards.com had a list of all classes from source book but I think it left out dragon magazine issue sources. Which is a shame since there have been quite a few prestige classes directly created for Cormyr in them.

There is the Purple Dragon Knight in the FRCS and the updated 3.5 version on the Player's Guide. There is also the Cormyrean War Wizard PrC in Magic of Faerûn. Dragon Magazine had a couple of Highknight and Herald prestige classes.

ruleslawyer

Those are all of them. (The highknight is way overpowered, FYI.) An updated, genericized (and better balanced IMO) version of the Herald is presented in Power of Faerun.

Most "generic" FR prestige classes are appropriate to Cormyr, since it (along with Sembia and the Dales) is as default a Realms setting as you can get. I'd say all of the following FR classes work fine in Cormyr:

-Arcane Devotee
-Divine Champion
-Divine Disciple
-Divine Seeker
-Dweomerkeeper of Mystra
-Elemental Savant
-Guild Thief
-Harper Agent
-Harper Paragon
-Harper Scout
-Herald
-Hierophant
-Incantatrix
-Justiciar of Tyr
-Martyred Champion of Ilmater
-Merchant Prince
-Morninglord of Lathander
-Purple Dragon Knight*
-Silverstar
-Spellfire Hierophant
-War Wizard of Cormyr*

*Specific to Cormyr.

I'm leaving out the "villain" PrCs, as those can probably show up anywhere the DM feels they should.

Last edited:

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
There was a Dragon magazine a while back that had something like four Cormyr-specific PrCs. Anyone remember what those were?

Aerandir

First Post
If you look at Dragon Magazine #307 (May 2003) there is a section on 'Heroes of Cormyr'. This includes 5 unique prestige classes:

- Battlepriest
- Council Mage
- Noble Adventurer
- Moon Drover
- Royal Scout

Hope this helps.

Arnwyn

First Post
List of Cormyr-specific prestige classes:

- Purple Dragon Knight (FRCS, Player's Guide to the FR, Complete Warrior)
- War Wizard of Cormyr (Magic of Faerun)
- Battlepriest of Cormyr (Dragon #307)
- Council Mage of Cormyr (Dragon #307)
- Moon Drover of Cormyr (Dragon #307)
- Noble Adventurer (Dragon #307)
- Royal Scout of Cormyr (Dragon #307)
- Purple Dragon Highknight (Dragon Annual 2000)

Remove ads