• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forgotten Realms Firearms

Sykopup

First Post
Other than the Renaissance Wepons mentioned on page 145 of the DMG 3.5, is there a list of firearms anywhere? I am starting a Forgotten Realms campaign and have decided to make firearms from Lantan available to the players. I thought I had seen a list more extensive than what's in the DMG, but I can't remember where I saw it. Please help.

Eltharon

Explorer
I think thats it. There's an old dragon ( I dont even know which one) that had a big list of guns, but theres only so much guns you can have. Musket, pistol, i'm assuming they don't want cannons...
Personally, I dont use them.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Don't know about a single big list of D&D firearms but the Ptolus and Iron Kingdoms both have firearms in their settings. These are available free as PDF downloads at the respective websites. If I recall right at least one of them discussing the metagame and balance aspect of how to build and stat firearms and alternate rules for them so they could be useful.

Nyaricus

First Post
Todd Lockwood created the linked image for the FRCS, but it was later dropped, according to the blurb on the page.

Todd said:
For a brief period, firearms were going to be included in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting Book. I don’t know what happened to the idea…

Anyways, that's acomplete list of what never was, so work from there ;)

ElectricDragon

Explorer
Firearms were a part of FR in 2e including all the ones pictured on Todd's site as well as the siege engines: ribald, cannon, and great cannon.

Ciao
Dave

Sykopup

First Post
ElectricDragon said:
Firearms were a part of FR in 2e including all the ones pictured on Todd's site as well as the siege engines: ribald, cannon, and great cannon.

Ciao
Dave

I broke out the 2E stuff, and sure enough, there they were. I knew I had seen them somewhere, just thought it was post-3E. I guess they get the choice of what's in the DMG. Thanks (everyone) for the help.

Remove ads