Forgottten Realms: Dwarf Question

Necrogorgon

First Post
What size are Arctic Dwarves and Wild Dwarves? In Races of Faerun they are Small, but this book was published before 3.5.

In other words, are they small with a 15 ft. movement rate in medium/heavy armor but a +1 to hit, +1 AC and +4 hide

OR

are they medium, just like other Shield and Gold Dwarves?

Shazman

Banned
Banned
Necrogorgon said:
What size are Arctic Dwarves and Wild Dwarves? In Races of Faerun they are Small, but this book was published before 3.5.

In other words, are they small with a 15 ft. movement rate in medium/heavy armor but a +1 to hit, +1 AC and +4 hide

OR

are they medium, just like other Shield and Gold Dwarves?

Are you sure they are small? It doesn't make sense for them to be smaller than other dwarves. Maybe it's a typo.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Shazman said:
Are you sure they are small? It doesn't make sense for them to be smaller than other dwarves. Maybe it's a typo.

They're fantasy races. They're not required to make sense :p

I doubt it's a typo. They were called small in Races (which was almost 3.5, anyway), why should they change it? Other dwarves weren't resized, either, even before 3.5 those two dwarf subraces were smaller than the rest.

Shazman

Banned
Banned
Well, I don't like the idea of small dwarves, so I would run them as medium creature if I DM'd. There's an artic dwarf in The Year of Rogue Dragons Trilogy,and nothing about his character would lead me to believe that he is "small".

Rhun

First Post
Shazman said:
Well, I don't like the idea of small dwarves, so I would run them as medium creature if I DM'd. There's an artic dwarf in The Year of Rogue Dragons Trilogy,and nothing about his character would lead me to believe that he is "small".

That's the benefit of being the DM. It is your world...you can do whatever you want. :)

Remove ads