Forked Thread: renau1g's - Red Hand of Doom - Beta

Halford

First Post
Well that should be everything, I selected my Cleric spells gained for free at level ups, adjusted some skills slightly and included my spells prepared. I also posted his Archivist abilities, though I am not going to write them out in full - that would take forever for Dark Knowledge.

renau1g

First Post
Halford,

Father Byden Blaithe would be in the small town of Drellin's Ferry visiting his contact Sertieren the Wise, a halfling wizard of some repute, to continue his knowledge gathering.

The halfling is quite excited about meeting with a group of adventurers, who came bearing all sorts of magical gear. There was even a construct with them! They must be powerful indeed and possessed of great magic to create that creature. He suggests if you're looking for more knowledge they might be a great resource.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Reveille]

For Jaga I was thinking that he needs a reason to be in the Elsir Vale and I had a couple of ideas.

1) Kolara’s got some family in the area and he'd be travelling there to visit them to inform them of her demise (word travels slow)

2) Jaga was sent by the city of Brindol to answer the call for aid from Drellin's Ferry, but they've drastically underestimated the threat

3) The priest of Torm who was close to Jaga in overcoming his anger and spitefulness, sends a magical message in the form of an animal, delivering a missive stating that he received a vision of war descending onto the Elsir Vale and asked Jaga to investigate.

As for integrating with the group, they're currently on their way to a keep they suspect is a base of operations for hobgoblins attacking in the area. I was thinking of a couple ideas:

1) Jaga was captured by the hogboblins in the area and is currently being interrogated to find out who he is /why he's here, in the keep.

2) Jaga was found during his travels by the enemies, but managed to convince them that he was seperated from his patrol and brought to the keep. He'd be watched closely, but would be expected to perform functions of the watch, etc.

3) Jaga would be traveling in the area and the group will come upon him being set upon by a group of hobgoblins from the keep.

So I'm thinking as a freedom fighter, Jaga would want to help the people of Drellin's Ferry from the hobgoblin invaders.

[/sblock]

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
[sblock=Reveille]1) Kolara’s got some family in the area and he'd be travelling there to visit them to inform them of her demise (word travels slow)

As for integrating with the group, they're currently on their way to a keep they suspect is a base of operations for hobgoblins attacking in the area. I was thinking of a couple ideas:

2) Jaga was found during his travels by the enemies, but managed to convince them that he was seperated from his patrol and brought to the keep. He'd be watched closely, but would be expected to perform functions of the watch, etc.

So I'm thinking as a freedom fighter, Jaga would want to help the people of Drellin's Ferry from the hobgoblin invaders.[/sblock]
I like these.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Reveille]
Ok, sounds good. I'll work you in shortly, there is one encounter between now and when your PC will be introduced that might take a little bit, if you want to keep an eye on the IC thread and I'll try to post something here to keep you up to speed
[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
That will certainly work, Blaithe is currently looking for some funds to continue the expansion of his compendium and adventuring is his usual route to such wealth - and often takes him to new and surprising sources of knowledge.

So are you going to post an introduction or should I have him introduce himself at the inn - I read through the thread so far btw hope thats okay I'll mind my meta-gameing! If he does so he will almost certainly be using Divine Insight before making his introduction for a + 24 diplomacy check modifier. First impressions are everything afterall.

Walking Dead: Into the Depths wasn't mine, though it does indeed seem to be dead. My game was the Raven Marches and it does seem to have died, I'm not quite sure why - I have no problem posting frequently as a player, but obviously its not the same - from my perspective it started to become a big chore and when posting slowed to a crawl I let it quietly die.

My next DMing attempt will be a much less ambitious affair in Living EnWorld - though it does have baboons in it which is a plus. All of which are reasons why I am so greatful there are folks like renau1g around that can keep games going!

Walking Dad

First Post
@Halford: Oops, sorry my bad.

BTW: Don't forget that diplomacy only works vs NPC:

You can change the attitudes of others (nonplayer characters) with a successful Diplomacy check; see the Influencing NPC Attitudes sidebar

I'm sure we can find a better use for this spell (like a handle animal check to convince the horse to carry Scavenger ;))

Remove ads