Forked Thread: The Great Wheel

avin

First Post
I have to disagree here; I always felt that one of the big points of the Lady of Pain was to show that, even in Planescape, a place where just about every question or mortality and the gods were answered there were still some mysteries that couldn't yet be solved. I think that's one of the big disconnects with Planescape and other settings; Planescape isn't about converting people by the sword or mass murdering those that disagree. You still kill things and take their stuff, but now you do more then just that. Really, Planescape was one of the - if not the - first setting to say "It's not all about fighting."

Agreed.

Thinking Lady of Pain as another monster at the end of dungeon is what I never want to see. There's plenty of tarrasques and orcus around to kill.

Shemeska

Adventurer
The Lady of Pain is not a monster. The Lady of Pain is a setting mechanic. She's as much a thematic backdrop for a campaign as the city of Sigil itself is. Not intended in any way, shape, or form as a DM vs PC antagonist or hammer. It's an intentional mystery, among many such things within the setting.

Remove ads