• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Formula D - Sebring

BobProbst

First Post
I enjoyed playing this on Saturday. Things moved quickly enough that I could see us playing 2 and 3 lap races and keeping track of full seasons. There's also an optional rule that lets you customize your car which would be easy to implement (20 points to spend where you want.)

There was this interesting comment from a BGG review of the Sebring Map:

"Then you come on to the key part of the track for me, a pair of one stop corners, both 1 inside, 4 outside, with a gap of 11-13 spaces on the straight section between them. The driver who hits both of those is in 5th gear and is well placed for the longest straight of the track, which is ended by two one stop corners in quick succession. The leader will afford to slow for these properly (you won’t get into 6th gear!), whereas the chasing pack can easily self destruct here."

That's exactly what happened with Mark -- interesting.

Grimhelm

First Post
Yeah. I think designing cars and keeping track of a Season Cup Title or something would be great! I could also see feats or skill increases for winning multiple races ala Wings of War. Lesser penalties for certain maneuvers, etc.

Remove ads