Forsaker and Magic destruction

Macbrea

First Post
Anyone got a clue how long Magic destruction class ability takes a Forsaker? I realize the can break an item to grant them damage resistance for the day. But how long does it take?

Dr_Rictus

First Post
Depends on the hardness and hit points of the item, or the break DC of the material it's made of. There's rules for destroying objects, and I don't know of any reason why forsakers shouldn't use 'em.

kreynolds

First Post
Macbrea said:
Anyone got a clue how long Magic destruction class ability takes a Forsaker? I realize the can break an item to grant them damage resistance for the day. But how long does it take?

As long as it takes you to break the item, unless I'm not understanding your question properly. I suppose you might be asking what kind of action? If so, either a partial action or standard action, provided that you can destroy the item with a single blow of course.

Macbrea

First Post
By the rules as written a forsaker is allowed to pick up any magic item and break it. This would be quite impossible for them to do with a magic shield or weapon as they do not have the enhancement bonus to break the item in the first place. Unless the class ability itself allows them to just drain the energy from the weapon. The reason I asked about this was if a forsaker disarms an opponent then picks up the opponents sword to break, 'how is this handled?' Is it a kind of action or requirement to break the weapon or is it just impossible for a forsaker to ever break a weapon?

Magic Rub

First Post
Magic Rub said:
In rounds?

It would depend on the size, hradness, & hp of that object.

Also as a point of note...

The attacker cannot damage a magic weapon or shield that has an enhancement bonus unless his own weapon has at least as high an enhancement bonus as the weapon or shield struck. Each +1 of enhancement bonus also adds 1 to the weapon's or shield's hardness and hit points. If a combatant's shield has a +2 enhancement bonus, a combatant add 2 to its hardness and to its hit points.

[edit]
Natural Weapons (Ex): Beginning at 3rd level, the forsaker can fight as though he and his weapon were one. Any weapon he uses functions as if it were a natural weapon for overcoming damage reduction (see Damage Reduction in the introduction of the Monster Manual). That is, if the forsaker has damage reduction 3/+1, any weapon he uses functions as if it were a +1 weapon for overcoming a foe’s damage reduction.
[edit]

So you could destroy a magic weapon or shield, however it looks like you would need your DR bonus to do it. A bit of a catch 22.

Last edited:

Macbrea

First Post
Now everyone can see where my pit fiend question from earlier came from. It would be a house rule to allow a Forsaker or a Pit Fiend to actually break a weapon with its hands. Even though the pit fiend actually gets sunder as a feat.

Magic Rub

First Post
... the forsaker can fight as though he and his >>>weapon<<< were one. Any weapon he uses functions as if it were a natural weapon ...

Not with his hands in this case, though yes that does aply.

Last edited:

kreynolds

First Post
Magic Rub said:
... the forsaker can fight as though he and his >>>weapon<<< were one. Any weapon he uses functions as if it were a natural weapon ...

Not with his hands in this case, though yes that does aply.

I think you typed up a circular referrence here with nothing to referrence to, or I'm just missing it. What "does apply"?

Remove ads