Paizo never been in the loop anyone know what is going on?

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
considering switching to Pathfinder long-term but I got no idea how it is doing right now past the massive legal stuff wotc dumped them in.

Does anyone know and able to explain what is happening?

dave2008

Legend
It is doing well. The have a remastered version of PF2 coming out next year and Stafinder 2e (with PF2 rules) is also coming out next year.

You can read about the remastered version on this forum, but it is mostly errata, while also removing OGL stuff, some revised classes, and better organization. Same rules though.

PS -it is the 2nd most poplar D&D/RPG after 5e

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
Very active game and community. If you look on YouTube you will likely run into a video by some guy saying why he's quiting the game and giving a huge list of problems with the system. Just know that the guy's own players debunked his video - he'd heavily changed the rules, complained about the things he changed, and flat out not told the truth in his video. But his video is still one of the first things that pops up when people look for info on PF2E so... assuming you're just starting to get interesting in finding info; hopefully I can head you off of that video.

PF2E does NOT have as vibrant of an 'active play streamer' community - things like Critical Role for example. And if you look for games on things like roll20 it will seem dead. That's because most PF2E players who play through a VTT use Foundry.

I do strongly advise AGAINST joining any game hosted on roll20 - GMs there have to keep paying fees to roll20 for every book they use plus I think a subscription, so you're likely to find yourself dealing with constant begging for donations. Beyond that, the PF2E community itself can also explain why roll20 is a bad choice support / quality wise.

There are 2 active reddit communities (maybe more, just 2 I know of), and 2 active discords named for the system, plus a host of others hosted by various publishers. Those 2 discords are great ways to find online groups and to gauge community activity.

The publisher is absurdly active. Multiple books per month. In addition there is a healthy 3rd party publishing community in 'pathfinder infinite'. The official published setting is extremely well supported and, in it'd second edition "Lost Omens" form - well done. There is at least 1 third party setting, that I know of, from "Roll for Combat". Probably more that I just haven't found.

They are putting out a "new edition that is not a new edition" come November... so I advise not buying the core rulebook, advanced player's guide, or game master's guide for now. Use online resources instead.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
It is doing well. The have a remastered version of PF2 coming out next year and Stafinder 2e (with PF2 rules) is also coming out next year.

You can read about the remastered version on this forum, but it is mostly errata, while also removing OGL stuff, some revised classes, and better organization. Same rules though.

PS -it is the 2nd most poplar D&D/RPG after 5e
link?
Very active game and community. If you look on YouTube you will likely run into a video by some guy saying why he's quiting the game and giving a huge list of problems with the system. Just know that the guy's own players debunked his video - he'd heavily changed the rules, complained about the things he changed, and flat out not told the truth in his video. But his video is still one of the first things that pops up when people look for info on PF2E so... assuming you're just starting to get interesting in finding info; hopefully I can head you off of that video.

PF2E does NOT have as vibrant of an 'active play streamer' community - things like Critical Role for example. And if you look for games on things like roll20 it will seem dead. That's because most PF2E players who play through a VTT use Foundry.

I do strongly advise AGAINST joining any game hosted on roll20 - GMs there have to keep paying fees to roll20 for every book they use plus I think a subscription, so you're likely to find yourself dealing with constant begging for donations. Beyond that, the PF2E community itself can also explain why roll20 is a bad choice support / quality wise.

There are 2 active reddit communities (maybe more, just 2 I know of), and 2 active discords named for the system, plus a host of others hosted by various publishers. Those 2 discords are great ways to find online groups and to gauge community activity.

The publisher is absurdly active. Multiple books per month. In addition there is a healthy 3rd party publishing community in 'pathfinder infinite'. The official published setting is extremely well supported and, in it'd second edition "Lost Omens" form - well done. There is at least 1 third party setting, that I know of, from "Roll for Combat". Probably more that I just haven't found.

They are putting out a "new edition that is not a new edition" come November... so I advise not buying the core rulebook, advanced player's guide, or game master's guide for now. Use online resources instead.
interesting and idea how to translate the massive sheets into a format that is digestible as trying to figure out how to play wizards seems insane.

Remove ads