• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[FR] Bestiary of the Realms

ericlboyd

Explorer
Tom Costa and I put together a PDF of 101 monsters of the Realms. Most are updates from 1e or 2e to 3e. You can take a look by going to http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd and clicking on Realmslore and then on Monsters.

We welcome feedback and comments.

--Eric

Last edited:

BrooklynKnight

First Post
ericlboyd said:
Tom Costa and I put together a PDF of 101 monsters of the Realms. Most are updates from 1e or 2e to 3e. You can take a look by going to http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd and clicking on Realmslore and then on Monsters.

We welcome feedback and comments.

--Eric

Thanks a lot for releasing this Eric.

Did you and tom decide to do this because wizards didng want to but out another monsters of faerun book?

ericlboyd

Explorer
<<< Did you and tom decide to do this because wizards didng want to but out another monsters of faerun book? >>>

Nope. This is completely a "fan-thing". We both like the Realms. We both ended up converting a lot of monsters for various reasons, including our own campaigns. We were pretty close to 101 monsters anyway, so we figured why not share them, set a target number, wrapped it up, and here it is.

In regards to another poster's question ... yes it would be very nice to update to 3.5e. It might happen, but no promises.

--Eric

BrooklynKnight

First Post
ericlboyd said:
<<< Did you and tom decide to do this because wizards didng want to but out another monsters of faerun book? >>>

Nope. This is completely a "fan-thing". We both like the Realms. We both ended up converting a lot of monsters for various reasons, including our own campaigns. We were pretty close to 101 monsters anyway, so we figured why not share them, set a target number, wrapped it up, and here it is.

In regards to another poster's question ... yes it would be very nice to update to 3.5e. It might happen, but no promises.

--Eric

I looked through it and it appears wizards gave you permission to do this though i'm not sure.

When sean put up some of HIS FR stuff they forced it down.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
oooooh nice. :) you've got some rare ones in there... and any inclusion of the shoosuva gets a tip o' the hat from me. :D

do you mind if we reference this document as we upgrade the creatures from the Creature Catalog site from 3.0 to 3.5? (see the link in my sig)

ericlboyd

Explorer
BOZ said:
do you mind if we reference this document as we upgrade the creatures from the Creature Catalog site from 3.0 to 3.5? (see the link in my sig)

Fine by both Tom and I.

<<< I looked through it and it appears wizards gave you permission to do this though i'm not sure. >>>

Wizards had nothing to do with it. We tried to follow the rules for fan-produced 3e updates of existing products, following the rules as we understood them and the model of the Creature Catalog.

--Eric

Thank you SOO much for converting the horses! We have several horse-enthusiasts in our gaming group (of which I am one), and I was missing the different horse types from 2e, but I didn't have enough time on my hands to attempt to convert them. :)

Gez

First Post
(Also asked on the wotc boards)
Why had you put the Crustacean template as OGL, but not the various real world animals, like albatross or seal? (I'm not talking of realms-specific animals like krotter or shaggun.)
The dire and were versions of them could have been OGL also.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads