• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[FR] Cat Warriors?

Synicism

First Post
In terms of character ideas, your cat-warrior doesn't need to be from an established race. There's magical creations, planar travelers, and what not to choose from.

Depending on whether you have the levels to play with, there is always the lycanthrope route, as well. In addition, Savage Species has a section on anthropomorphic animals, most of which have a level adjustment, but are pretty cool.

Last edited:

Gregor

First Post
Oaken25 said:
Tabaxi exist in FR..... There is one in, I think the Volo's Guide to the Dalelands, who is a dancer in one of the taverns in Ashabenford.

So a cat character could exist in FR but Chult is usually thier homeland, but the character might be different and has found its way to the north.

She dances at the Velvet Veil in Ashabenford.

Cheers,

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Just introduce a mad wizard (Name: Davidus Pulvis) who wanted to breed cat people as his slave warrior race.

While he succeeded in breeding great cats with humans through unspeakable magical means (if you really want to know, see alt.fan.furry...), his creations balked at being his slaves for some reason, and escaped. And your character can be one of these escapees...

Sure, it's cliché, but who cares?

LGodamus

First Post
Well He does need to be from an established race..see he has already turned in his background,( Im his DM). He has definitely put himself as part of a race....and he wants to use anthropomorphic leopard as his stats...so well, he is just trying to figure out where he fits in and we are tryin to help im.

Dark Psion

First Post
Kesh said:
Going on the 'portal' idea, he could be any number of cat-people from older D&D worlds. Rakasta from Mystara/Known World/Savage Coast would be appropriate.

And Dragon #247 has a magnificent article by Burce Heard that expand the Rakasta into racial types based off different species of felines (An article that is desperately in need of conversion to 3.5e along with the previous Lupin/Canine article).

OK everyone together, Thunder! Thunder!! Thundercats!!

HeavyG

First Post
Just because there is no Leopard-man village in Nearby Forest X in official FR products, that doesn't mean that there can't be. Of course, if the campaign has been going on in the region for a while, you'd need to either put the Leopardman village a little further away or say that they really don't like to mingle with humans, or your PCs would have already met some, you know ?

They don't even need to live where there are normal leopards either. I mean, there are humans who live in regions where there is nary a monkey, no ? :)

Or, he can come from Chult and have taken a boat to reach the campaign.

I really don't see the problem here.

LoneWolf23

First Post
Jürgen Hubert said:
While he succeeded in breeding great cats with humans through unspeakable magical means (if you really want to know, see alt.fan.furry...),

...Oh yeah, because you know all those furry fans are also into beastiality... :rolleyes: Honestly, can we have -one- furry related topic that doesn't include one "Furries are Sick" comment?

Ok, back on topic: I recommend Green Ronin's "Bastards and Bloodlines: a guidebook to half-breeds", which includes a half-creature (biped) template which would allow for human/feline halfbreeds, as well as more exotic variations, like an Orc/Dire Wolf crossbreed, for exemples.

As for their origins, I do like the "Mad Wizard using magical rituals to blend two creatures" concept, although one of the meddlesome deities of Faerun might want to try making his/her own crossbreed races as well. Sharess in perticular, due to her connection with cats, might decide on creating a race of felinoids.

Remove ads