FR Heathen

Vistan

First Post
Greive kicks his toe on the ground to shake off some of the dried clumps of muck stuck on the sole of his boot.

"Sounds better than sleepin' in the mud, eh boys?"

He glances around at his companions.

"Aside from the mud, maybe ye can tell us a bit about why no one's on the road these days."

Walking Dad

First Post
"Time to sleep in a house and to get some answers."

Ryash says.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Ryash
Perception: 13 Insight: 13 Normal Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 21 Reflex 16 Will 15
Hit Points: 54 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 13 Surges per day: 11 / 11
Encounter Powers: Passing Attack, Sweeping Blow, Earthshock, No Opening
Daily Powers: Comeback Strike, Crack the Shell
[/sblock][/sblock]

kmdietri

Explorer
"Aside from the mud, maybe ye can tell us a bit about why no one's on the road these days."

Eh, not many travelers, wouldn’t know anything about that.” Perren says with a grin that doesn’t quite reach his eyes.

With that Auldwyl turns his horse and leads you down the lane to his farmhouse.

Hitching his horse to the post outside the front door, Auldwyl leads you into a simple one story stone house. The first room is a combination entryway livingroom with a few spartan furnishings.

On the other side of the main partitioning wall lies a hearth with cooking utensils hanging on the walls.

The aroma of cooking stew greats your nostrils and your stomach’s grumble anticipatorily, as if you didn’t remember you haven’t eaten a cooked meal in 6 days.

The northern third of the house is separated by two heavy curtains, which you assume must be the sleeping quarters as you see no bed in the part of the house you can see.

Your welcome to sleep out here,” Perrin says, “me beds in the back here, but there’s only one,” he continues pointing to the curtain as if reading your minds.

Moving towards the hearth, “take a load off,” he says as he nods towards the few chairs available.

With that he sets to dishing out six steaming helpings of what’s been cooking on the hearth.

[sblock=OOC][sblock=Therez and Oramail]When Perrin Auldwyl replies to Greive’s question you get the impression he knows something more then he’s letting on[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Oramail nods a silent thank you as the man speaks. He waits until after the man leaves then whispers to the others, "Something is not right, stay on guard tonight. I will be outside." He rises, moving as quietly as possible outside. He didn't want the man to know exactly where he was. He had learned in the wild that even mighty predators can fall easily if they believe you are in front of them, when you are really behind them.

[sblock=roll]
Oramail's stealth check (1d20+15=30)

I'd like for Oramail to stay outside (like in a barn or something) but keep a view of the house as well as the paths to the house. If that's not possible, I would prefer him to watch the paths to the home and simply remain as hidden as possible.[/sblock]

kmdietri

Explorer
As you enjoy the stew Perrin makes pleasant conversation, keeping things light. He inquires about the weather and your recent travels. When those two topics run dry he slips into silence as you finish your meal. Gathering up the used dishes and stowing them in a bucked beside the hearth.

[sblock=Oramail]You see 6 dark silhouettes approaching through the fields. From this distance it’s hard to tell but you think they may be carrying weapons in their hands.

You also think you could easily make it back to the cabin through the trees without them seeing you.[/sblock]

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Oramail drops from his perch and attempts to reach his caged in friends. He needed to get to them soon.

[sblock=DM]

I'd like for him to rush, but not to the point of getting caught. [/sblock]

kmdietri

Explorer
[sblock=Oramail]It’s not difficult as there are quite a few trees and bushes surrounding the cabin, so you make it there fine.[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Oramail rouses the others as quickly as he can. "Rise and prepare to fight." he whispers to each person as he wakes them. "I fear our host is resposible in some way for the troubles of travelers." He notches an arrow and turns his keen eyes to the doorway. The first one through would be in for a surprise.

[sblock=action]

Oramail's readied attack (1d20+9=11, 1d10+5=13)

Elven Accuracy (readied action) (1d20+9=20)

To Hit: 20
Dmg: 15 (13+2 bracers)

If an enemy comes through the door, I would like for Oramail to fire. I would think that Hunter's Quarry would come into effect, but I'm not sure. If it does, you can add on 1d8 to the damage or not. [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Ryash rises quickly and prepares himself for battle (armor and sword). He still wears his amulet and his other belongings are in his bag.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Ryash
Perception: 13 Insight: 13 Normal Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 21 Reflex 16 Will 15
Hit Points: 54 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 13 Surges per day: 11 / 11
Encounter Powers: Passing Attack, Sweeping Blow, Earthshock, No Opening
Daily Powers: Comeback Strike, Crack the Shell
[/sblock][/sblock]