Free Fantasy Architecture II (New Stuff 5/3/2005)

KnidVermicious

First Post
A bonus pic of the hallway. This is a picture of how Piranesi sees the depth of the images. I think its nice and moody. Looks like the church at night, when all the ghosts come out.

Attachments

• Cathedral6-xtra.jpg
    Cathedral6-xtra.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 110

KnidVermicious

First Post
And finally, these are the renderings from 3D Studio Max that I brought into Piranesi. These have the complex lighting. However, I did add more torchlight later in Piranesi because I wanted the room to look a little warmer and...uh...torchier.

Attachments

• Cathedral1-lights.jpg
    Cathedral1-lights.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 109
  • Cathedral2-lights.jpg
    Cathedral2-lights.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 95
  • Cathedral3-lights.jpg
    Cathedral3-lights.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Cathedral4-lights.jpg
    Cathedral4-lights.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Cathedral5-lights.jpg
    Cathedral5-lights.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Cathedral6-lights.jpg
    Cathedral6-lights.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 104

eris404

Explorer
Wow. All I can say is, wow.

You didn't post the other Ambergate images on KidCharlemagne's forum, did you? I don't think anyone from the Saturday group has seen the newer ones and most of 'em don't frequent here.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
eris404 said:
Wow. All I can say is, wow.

You didn't post the other Ambergate images on KidCharlemagne's forum, did you? I don't think anyone from the Saturday group has seen the newer ones and most of 'em don't frequent here.

Right now, I'm the only one with access to do that... I should give Knid access to that. I'll get on that...

And BTW, I like the moody lighting pics - as well as the shadwoy hallway image. Very evocative... Does 3D StudioMax have the ability to add in atmospheric effects?

KnidVermicious

First Post
3DS Max is incredibly complicated/complex. Very steep learning curve. Both 3DS and Piranesi can add fog effects, which I haven't really used yet.I have done some stuff with fire effects, and I know you can do volume lighting, where the light looks more solid, like a beam of light (or a spotlight) rather than a more diffuse light.

One of the difficulties would be rendering that in 3DS and then transferring it to Piranesi. Which is another reason I haven't pursued the animation side of things, because I could only animate the models in 3DS without all the coloring/painting of Piranesi. So it would just be a bare model, or I would have to do all the photo-realistic material stuff in 3DS, which is probably more complicated than it is worth. Still, there is tons of stuff I haven't tried yet.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
I can imagine - I use a lot of video editing programs at work, and even that's pretty tame compared to things like 3DS, I'm sure.

BTW, after eris404 mentioned it, I went ahead and updated the gallery at my website with some of the pics you did for me...

Remove ads