• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Free Guy

MarkB

Legend
My niece was recently visiting me in Toronto, from Virginia, and mentioned something about how it was cool that we got all of the Hulu stuff on our Disney+ that they didn't. I read something about it being available on HBO in the US before Disney+. Might have something to do with content consolidation...?
Probably. On the UK Disney+ it's part of their relatively recently added "Star" section, which has a whole range of current and older US shows and movies that aren't specifically part of Disney's brands. I guess it's a conglomeration of shows that might be on other services in the US, but for which Disney has international (or at least UK) distribution rights.

Ryujin

Legend
Probably. On the UK Disney+ it's part of their relatively recently added "Star" section, which has a whole range of current and older US shows and movies that aren't specifically part of Disney's brands. I guess it's a conglomeration of shows that might be on other services in the US, but for which Disney has international (or at least UK) distribution rights.
Star is also listed on the Canadian Disney+.

My niece was recently visiting me in Toronto, from Virginia, and mentioned something about how it was cool that we got all of the Hulu stuff on our Disney+ that they didn't. I read something about it being available on HBO in the US before Disney+. Might have something to do with content consolidation...?
It was made before the merge between 20th and Disney and I'm guessing that included the streaming rights which got handed to HBO for domestic release.

GreyLord

Legend
Yeah first this and now Dune got released in Europe before the US..... conspiracy!!! :)

Wait...Dune got released?

Is it in the theaters or on some network?

It shows the 21st in the US and UK from what I can tell.

Ah...a quick google shows it premiered in various places in Europe in September.

Remove ads