• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Free Ice Cream Cake from ColdStone Creamery

Uzumaki

First Post
www.coldstonecreamery.com

7/29/2004 to 7/29/2004
World's Largest Ice Cream Cake Social

You're Invited!

The Third Annual World's Largest Ice Cream Cake Social Thursday, July 29th, 5:00 - 8:00pm

Come in and receive a FREE cake slice to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation®

Make-A-Wish® Cake
Layers of moist devil’s food cake with Oreos®, Chocolate Shavings, covered in a rich fudge Ganache.

Enjoy Coldstone without breaking your wallet.

Tewligan

First Post
How does giving away free cake benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation? Unless those kids with cancer are wishing for people to pig out on free ice cream, I don't get it.

Zimri

First Post
I am assuming that the cake is free but there will be "donation boxes" with all proceeds going to make a wish.

Restaurants here do the same thing. have a night with a "special" menu everything is free and you can order as much as you want but a "donation" is expected. There is no minimum donation though and if you wanna walk out without paying you can. You know if you are a real peice of work or somethin.

Last edited:

Aeolius

Adventurer
It's too bad my son's wheelchair won't navigate the intricate path of retractable railing that all of the Coldstone's in my area rely on. They herd you into the store then wrap you around the railing a few times before you can reach the counter. I have complained to the management; to no avail. So, I simply enter the store and begin shoving the railing posts out of my way, inevitably earning a look of disapproval from the staff on duty.

Aeolius said:
It's too bad my son's wheelchair won't navigate the intricate path of retractable railing that all of the Coldstone's in my area rely on. They herd you into the store then wrap you around the railing a few times before you can reach the counter. I have complained to the management; to no avail. So, I simply enter the store and begin shoving the railing posts out of my way, inevitably earning a look of disapproval from the staff on duty.
I'm surprised that they don't just let you go up to front, skipping the line. Y'know, like how they handle it at Disneyland. If I were in line at Coldstone and someone in a wheelchair cut the line I wouldn't complain.

Uzumaki

First Post
The cake was good and everything, but the execution of the event was terrible. There were no signs up, and the nearest ColdStone is less than a mile away from a heavy-traffic trolley station. Hell, even the customers in the place didn't know about it. There was about $5 in the Make-a-Wish jar. Sad.

robaustin

First Post
A Coldstone only recently opened up in our area. I liken it to the "Starbucks" of ice cream. Overpriced, with all kinds 'o funky trendy flavors.

Give me DQ any day. Soft serve vanilla with marshmallow topping and rainbow sprinkles. 1/2 the price and more satisfying!

--*Rob

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Aeolius said:

No matter what, they have to adhere to the building code that requires a 36" spacing for wheelchair access. At least that's how it is here in North Carolina. Unless you're in an older structure covered under the "Grandfather Clause" (not sure the age a building would have to be to qualify). Any modern structure has to adhere to the code or get a nastygram from the building inspector and/or fire marshal.

Remove ads