• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FreeCountry Update

TogaMario

First Post
Hello everyone,

I've got a small update that includes a fill feature (in the Edit menu) that fills the whole map with currently selected tile, and added a few dungeon tiles to help those wishing to make dungeon layouts. I'm almost done with the outdoors art pack that I'll be selling, and after that I'm planning a prop tile pack for dungeon / medieval buildings. Future tile packs will be next on the list and possibly a modern one happening soon after.

Fixed:
Undo now only has two steps back (to protect possible memory hogging). The best way to save your progress so that you don't lose it is to save as often as you like.

The category list no longer displays multiples of the same items after resizing the window.

As always, I welcome suggestions and error reports. Thank you!

Download FreeCountry Beta

Last edited:

TogaMario

First Post
Released an update for FreeCountry with the new outdoors tiles (for free). I think they make a nice addition. You can use the same link from above to get it.

Ferghis

First Post
Thanks dude. I'm still looking forward to some large scale terrain (mountains, forests, swamps, cities, etc.). Any idea where that might fall, on your to do list?

TogaMario

First Post
Since the art is the easy part for me, I'll move it to the top of the to-do. I'll pick back up with the programming when I get done with a comprehensive art set. Although, I think the hex map grid might make it in sooner rather than later, since it's a popular request.

TogaMario

First Post
Updated with new tiles for cartography. Suggested method of laying out the maps is to fill with a cartography fill tile, then continuous paint or scatter (however you like) to put down base colors, then drop cartography tiles down on top of that ... all the while saving often, lol. Three notes:

1.) I'm looking into a better map detailing process, like pressing a "mapitize" button and the base colors that you've laid down will be given a bit of random rag edge.

2.) Looking into adding a text token option, complete with font, size and color.

3.) While saving over another file, for some reason, my replace dialog box doesn't pop up, but I hear the ding windows sound. I got it to come up by pressing the "Alt" key. Working on fixing this, but I have to figure out what's causing it first. Anyone else having that problem?

The link above has been updated. Let me know how it goes.

Remove ads