• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Frenzied Berzerker, his 2 nonlethal damage/round, and Diehard

Wolfix

First Post
Okay, say you have this situation: a character with 1 level in the Frenzied Berzerker class frenzies, and then somewhere in combat he gets reduced to having 1 hitpoint left. Then his turn comes up. Now, what's unclear to me is:
1) When does the 2 nonlethal damage/round due to frenzy occur in a round? At the beginning? At the end?
2) When he gets the 2 nonlethal damage, how is this handled with regards to the Diehard feat? What would the character still be able to do?

RigaMortus

Explorer
Wolfix said:
Okay, say you have this situation: a character with 1 level in the Frenzied Berzerker class frenzies, and then somewhere in combat he gets reduced to having 1 hitpoint left. Then his turn comes up. Now, what's unclear to me is:
1) When does the 2 nonlethal damage/round due to frenzy occur in a round? At the beginning? At the end?
2) When he gets the 2 nonlethal damage, how is this handled with regards to the Diehard feat? What would the character still be able to do?

1) I'm not certain, but I would say it either happens as soon as the FB's turn comes up (so at the beginning of his round) OR at the top of initiative (this is how -1 hps from dying is accrued).

2) I would say he falls unconcious.

ThirdWizard

First Post
We (my group and I) have interprieted it that nonlethal damage makes you fall unconcious even if you have the Diehard feat. Two PCs have Diehard and this actually comes up more than one might think. Diehard clearly works when "reduced to negative hit points," and you arn't at negative hit points with non-lethal damge up.

Liquidsabre

Explorer
Die-Hard should still allow the berzerker to act normally, I'd say they go down when non-lethal damage brings them to -10. Afterall, if a spear slicing through the berzerker's thigh bone won't knock him out, I doubt a punch to the head will faze the big guy much. :p

shilsen

Adventurer
Diehard makes no reference to nonlethal damage and only references actions when between -1 and -9 hp, so it wouldn't protect against nonlethal damage, as written.

Remove ads