• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Friday Brush with Celebrity

JDragon

Explorer
Well I have toe following....

My wife lived next door to Ross Valory (Bassist for Journey) for about 6-7 years.

She was good friends with his wife and they both came to our wedding back in 2000.

Apparently when she was in HS or just after he had her pick up rolling papers at the local drug store for him. :p She was a very good girl so didn't even know what they were for.

He's a cool guy, we've been out to dinner a couple times in the last 10 years or so and gotten tickets and backstage passes once or twice from them.

JD

RichCsigs

First Post
I was at work one day and went next door to Subway to get lunch. Standing at the counter buying subs for all his buds was Andre Agassi. Yes, I was uncouth enough to ask for an autograph and he was kind enough to give me one.

My buddy Mike used to run the sound board for The Long Wharf Theatre. One night he's sitting in the sound booth and he hears someone come into the room. This happens often so Mike doesn't acknowledge it, just continues going about his work. He hears the person walk over and take the chair next to him. "Don't tell my wife I'm here", the man in the chair says. Mike can't resist anymore and looks over to see Paul Newman sitting next to him (Joanne Woodward was staring in the play).

My dad was on leave during WWII (I want to say it was in Italy but I can't recall for sure). One night he goes into a bar and orders a drink. A fellow American came up to him and struck up a conversation, first about the war, then about other things. The two of them spent a few hours in the bar talking and buying each other drinks. Finally the other gentlemen said he had to go. He shook my father's hand and strolled out of the bar. The bartender then came up to my dad and said, "Guess you've got a story for the family at home now, huh." My father looked at the bartender quizzically. "I do?" The bartender replied, "Don't you know who that was? That was Ernest Hemingway."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads