• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Friday Brush with Celebrity

Fiery James

First Post
So, here's the conversation from first thing at work this morning....

Finance Guy: So, do you wanna circle back around 10:00 to go over the numbers?

Me: Sorry, can't. I've got a meeting with Paul Stanley.

Finance Guy: Ha, too bad it's not Paul Stanley from Kiss.

Me: Um... it is.

:)

So, I had a meeting with Paul Stanley this morning (yeah, there were about 8 other people there too!) He was pretty laid back and a nice guy, and I got him to stay in the office for another half-hour or so to do a meet and greet with the employees. He signed a ton of autographs and got his picture taken with a lot of people -- I think I'm in the background of about 25% of them. He never complained and was happy to talk to everyone.

He did have a rockstar aura, and I did the get call just before they arrived letting me know that "hey were thirsty, and it would be a good idea if there were a bunch of bottles of water and coke for the meeting... but that's not really a huge demand or anything, it was just the "call ahead" bit that was slightly rock-star-ish.

Still, it was a cool morning, and I got to be a little bit of a hero for bringing him in to the building.

- James

Okay, now I'm hooked and nosey... WHY, was Paul Stanley at your workplace?
I need details dude, you can't just say he was there and leave it at that.

I currently have Roy Carter's couch in my living room - he was the bass and keyboard player for the 70s Supergroup Heatwave. He is my musical/producing mentor, I met him at church, we started doing gigs together and when he moved back to England, I got his couch. Before my living room, it sat under four gold records in his basement. /See not only does it tell that I got to meet (and in this case know personally) a celebrity, it described the circumstances behind it. So come on, cough up the info. :)

rom90125

Banned
Banned
Back in '91, my girl (at the time) and I were in a hotel bar in Munich, Germany enjoying a pilsner after attending a concert when this dude with a foo-foo mullet started hitting on my girl (at the time). After buying a few drinks he invited us to a private party in a side room off of the bar. Turns out the party was an after-party for the members of YES; the very band we had just seen in concert. Being a huge fan, I nearly passed out. So, my girl (at the time) played the guys for free drinks as I gathered autographs from all 8 members of the band.

It was one of those "I'll never forget this night, ever" moments.

Last edited:

Fiery James

First Post
Thunderfoot said:
Okay, now I'm hooked and nosey... WHY, was Paul Stanley at your workplace?
I need details dude, you can't just say he was there and leave it at that.

Although it's totally not the focus of my department, I buy guitars for a mass retailer in Canada. Paul was up with some folks from Washburn and I jumped at the opportunity to have him come by.

Fiery James said:

Although it's totally not the focus of my department, I buy guitars for a mass retailer in Canada. Paul was up with some folks from Washburn and I jumped at the opportunity to have him come by.
Thank You, now my evening is complete. ;)
Actually that's pretty cool, and way to go in having him pulled 'upstairs' as it were. Use that power. :lol:

kenobi65

First Post
Just met Peter Frampton; he's visiting our ad agency for some reason. :) Got an autograph and everything; he's a very nice guy.

Last edited:

Run into a few celebrities here in little ol' Vermont.

Paul Newman enjoyed an inn here and came mostly during the fall. Michael J. Fox got married in my town and moved to my wife's hometown in Woodstock, VT. Dom Deluise used to visit manchester regularly for food and movies. Syder of Twisted Sister skiied locally. I wasn't there for that one but many of my friends were.

Generally when I bump into these folks I downplay it. They are here to vacation and have some calm time.

oh yeah- one of the producers of Spin City is a neighbor. I wouldn't regonize him in a line up
however.

Owner of Columbia House CD/DVD built a freakin' mansion on the hills overlooking Manchester back in the early 90's.

I'm sure there was more but I don't get into the scene much.

Remove ads