• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Frog God Games] Rappan Athuk

DarkSasha

First Post
"Rappan Athuk Complete", of course.

(Especially if you can add Wizard's Amulet, Crucible of Freya, and Tomb of Abysthor to it. ;) )

Here's the most current info on Rappan Athuk, by Bill Webb:

"--the name is simply "Rappan Athuk". Cover is faux leather, no cover art, engraved in gold (or red maybe?) is the name.
my current thoughts at least"

Pre-orders for Rappan Athuk are still slated to be available come March/April of 2012. The pre-orders are necessary as this is what helps us pay for the high cost of printing. This is going to be a huge book and high quality stitch-bound. For those who have a copy of the Tome of Horrors Complete, the binding will be similar in quality.

As for Wizard's Amulet, Crucible of Freya, Tomb of Abysthor, and others; keep your eye out, more to come on these at a later date.

Last edited:

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Yeah... I was sorry that I didn't get the print version of Revised, even though I hardly ever run dungeons these days.... RA just pushes my nostalgia buttons, hard.

The Auld Grump

Mythmere1

First Post
For anyone who wants to follow some of the design and production background on Rappan Athuk, I'm posting occasional design notes on my blog as I work on the parts of it I'm doing -- which is mainly the Original D&D / Swords & Wizardry side of things, but I'm also writing 9 of the new levels. I also plan to get Bill Webb and some of the other members of the team (Chuck Wright on layout, Greg and Jeff on some of the PFRPG matters, etc) to write some comments for me as well.

The first of (so far 2) in the series is here: Mythmere's Blog: Rappan Athuk Design Log 1

Remove ads