From Citadel to Bastion: The Sunless Citadel

Vargo

First Post
Khaira, who believes firmly in being prepared, is already packed 'n ready. Slinging her pack across her shoulder, and loosening the sheath of her rapier, she stands, pays her breakfast tab, and walks to the door, waiting for the others.

garyh

First Post
Quendros gathers his belongings, settles his tab, whispers a prayer to Corellon, and makes ready to depart

Last edited:

StalkingBlue

First Post
A few notes trail after Quendros as he walks towards the door, in time with his measured step.

Moon's eyes twinkle as he plays a fragment of the ancient circus Prancing Tune. Then his recorder drops, dangles on its thong as Moon comes skipping after his friends, backpack on and ready.

Last edited:

novyet

First Post
Seeing that it's time to head out, Farah pays off her tab for breakfast, and heads for the door with the others.

Last edited:

GruTheWanderer

First Post
The companions head out of Oakhurst following the Old Road. The way winds through rocky downs, near stands of old-growth oak, and past several abandoned farm shacks.

Around midday the Old Road passes to the east of a narrow ravine. At the road's closest approach to the cleft, several broken pillars jut from the earth where the ravine widens and opens into someting more akin to a deep, but narrow, canyon. Two of the pillars stand straight, but most of them lean against the sloped earth. Others are broken, and several have apparently fallen into the darkness-shrouded depths. A few similar pillars are visible on the opposite side of the ravine.

The ravine runs off into the distance in both directions. In most places it appears to be about thirty feet wide and thirty feet deep. But near the pillars it is both wider and far deeper.

This, according to the stories, is the location of the Sunless Citadel.

garyh

First Post
"Well," offers Quendros, "now I know why they call this place the Sunless Citadel..."

"Any ideas?"

Last edited:

novyet

First Post
"Well let's head on down there, this is what we came for, right? We can look for an easier way, or we can head down on ropes. What say the rest of you?"

Last edited:

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Indeed, a sturdy knotted rope already hangs from one of the pillars. Judging by its good condition, the rope couldn't have been tied there more than two or three weeks ago. Moon also spots older and weathered hand- and footholds carved into the cliff face.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Ashrem knelt peering over the ravine's edge, his spear cradled in his arms. He closed his eyes and opened himself to the place's residuel psychic impressions. Once in the proper state of mind, he cast his conscousness momentarily into the future in an attempt to wrench free a bit of truth.

[OOC: I'm manifesting Inkling. I want to know whether climbing down the rope would be a good or bad thing.]

-Regardless of the answer.-

Ashrem involuntarily grabbed his temples. After a moment he stood and shook himself off.

Remaining Psionics
Power Points: 3
Talents: 3

Vargo

First Post
Khaira thinks for a moment, then says "Moon, would you mind sneaking down there first? I'll try to provide cover from up here with my bow, and if you see anything remotely dangerous, I want you to come back up as quickly as possible. Lamont, if Moon clears the spot I'd suggest you next, and then the rest of us, in no particular order. The real threat is down there, and of all of us, Moon can hide from it the best, effectively giving us two people down there instead of one at a time."

Remove ads