'Front Page News' rss feed

SnakeNuts

Explorer
Hi,

I used to have an RSS feed that only listed the front-page newsitems. That's how I stayed abreast of ENWorld's highlights, and then dived into the forums. Now, it looks like that RSS feed lists all forum threads (or at least an inordinate amount of them) , which is making my headline-skimming rather impossible.

Has it moved somewhere else now, or am I just missing where I can find it? The RSS icon on the front page is not the one (it's still full of all the forum threads)

Cheers,

SN

CapnZapp

Legend
You do know the forum system has been replaced, right? It's entirely possible your specific functionality is gone (but I don't use RSS so what do I know).

SnakeNuts

Explorer
I know that indeed. And I know that this might be a 'teething' issue. However, I do want to see if there is the possibility of getting a 'just the front-page headlines' RSS feed back for my perusal.

I would expect an RSS icon on the front page to just list those, but it's listing everything. I can see the use of such a feed, but I'm hoping there is a more 'curated' one as well.

EvilBeeker

Explorer
>>I'm keen to see the return of the news only RSS as well.

Second. I'm not a big forum follower and use the RSS feed for highlights and primary gaming news announcements. I'm sorry, but I don't need to know about someone's bad experience at Lowe's, which was on the top of my RSS feed this morning. I come to ENW for gaming news. If this is something the community wants, please move it to it's own RSS feed so folks have a choice.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'll add it to the ever-increasing list! I've not looking into how RSS feeds work on the new site yet or even if it's something I have configuration options for.

TreChriron

Adventurer
Supporter
EnWorld currates a RPG news site - RPGNEWS.COM. This has an RSS feed. Should be less noisy as the new site (which is spamming articles as far back as 2015 at the moment...) :-D

Remove ads