Front page on portrait-orientation

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I have two monitors, and bring up this site and others in this format on my second monitor which is in portrait orientation instead of landscape. (Win 11 PC, Firefox). The side borders have grown so large that they make the News nigh-unreadable. Is there any way to adjust the size, or move them both to the same side of the screen, to be able to read the RPG News except in very narrow columns that scroll down forever?

1713725702727.png

Cordwainer Fish

Imp. Int. Scout Svc. (Dishon. Ret.)
Whatever change that was made a few months ago that causes the site to display the phone version on an iPad in portrait mode needs to be unrolled. It needed to be unrolled a few months ago.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hmmm. It seems like it's interpreting your browser as landscape and not delivering you the 'mobile' version (which would look great in portrait). It does it basically by the pixel width of the display, and decides whether to deliver the landscape or portrait screens. Do you know what the width is on your display?

Blue

Hmmm. It seems like it's interpreting your browser as landscape and not delivering you the 'mobile' version (which would look great in portrait). It does it basically by the pixel width of the display, and decides whether to deliver the landscape or portrait screens. Do you know what the width is on your display?
The display is set to 1050 x 1680, and the actual firefox window is just a few pixels shy of the full width on either side, but only about 80% of the height of the display. Yes, it's an older monitor, but it twists into portrait which gives me enough space for it.

1713748886133.png

I screenshot-ed the firefox window, and it says that is 1037 x 1315. (Hmm, 78% of the height of the monitor. 80% was pretty close for an estimate.)

I have the bottom of the screen showing another app (Discord).

EDIT: I full-screened firefox and reloaded the page, to get the full portrait screen ratio. No difference.

Last edited:

Blue

Is there a URL that will force mobile mode? It's not m.enworld.org, but if that solves it so much the better.

Remove ads