• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fruit on cereal

The Shaman

First Post
I can't eat just plain ol' boring cereal - I have to jazz it up with some fresh fruit.

Usually I'll slice a banana into my Cheerios (a heart-healthy choice...geez, when did I start caring about that?!?), though if we're out of bananas or there's only one left (which means that it's reserved for my daughter..."na-na! na-na!"), I'll toss whatever's in the fruit bin into the bowl. A couple of days ago it was cantaloupe chunks. - this morning it was sliced grapes.

And by the way, for purposes of this discussion, raisins aren't "fruit"...

Do you like fruit on your cereal, too?

Xath

Moder-gator
Yes. Though only on ceareals that are not pre-sugared. (ie. I like fruit on Cheerios and Rice Krispies, but not Lucky Charms and Cinnamin Toast Crunch).

My personal favorites are bananas and strawberries. I like to cut the top off of a strawberry and then slice it with my egg slicer. It makes perfectly sized slices. :)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Originally posted by The Shaman
And by the way, for purposes of this discussion, raisins aren't "fruit"...

Aww, Raisins were the first thing that popped into my head because I just finished a box of Raisin Bran this morning.

Other than that, I don't like much fruit on my cereal. Pretty much the only kind I like is bananas. A lot of the cereal I eat is already flavored and to me, bananas can go with anything, but other fruits with the cereals kinda tastes weird because it doesn't mix well. Now, if I am eating plain flakes, which I generally don't, that opens up a lot more fruit I'm willing to put into it.

Eating fruit for breakfast WITHOUT putting it on my cereal, that's completely different. ;)

buzzard

First Post
Don't really know why, but I've never cared for fruit on cereal. I do like a little bit of heavy cream or half and half sometimes added on top of the cereal and milk. You know, to reinforce the arteries.

Of course my normal staple cereal wise is generally Quaker Crunch granola cereal on plain yoghurt.

buzzard

KB9JMQ

First Post
Bananas on Frosted Flakes is my favorite breakfast by far, but with two young boys actually getting banana is hard work.
I will occasionally eat a strawberry on cereal but if I can't have bananas I usually skip it all together.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Xath said:
Yes. Though only on ceareals that are not pre-sugared. (ie. I like fruit on Cheerios and Rice Krispies, but not Lucky Charms and Cinnamin Toast Crunch).

My personal favorites are bananas and strawberries. I like to cut the top off of a strawberry and then slice it with my egg slicer. It makes perfectly sized slices. :)

Man...that's brilliant:)

I am so doing that.

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
I usually have some fruit salad (left over from the previous night's dessert) as the base for breakfast. I put grape nuts and some granola on it. Yummy!

Either that or toast with creamy peanut butter and sliced bananas.

Xath

Moder-gator
Teflon Billy said:
Man...that's brilliant:)

I am so doing that.

It'll do it for banannas to, if they're not too mushy. You just chop the banana into thirds, pop it in to the egg slicer, and voila, sliced fruit.

And, if you're hosting some sort of party which requires sliced fruit, (like a brunch with belgian waffles), you can look super fancy with minimal effort. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads