• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fruit on cereal

Zander

Explorer
Bananas and Coco Pops (chocolate rice crispies) is a good combo. In fact, bananas with any chocolate cereal does it for me. :)

Zander

Explorer
Xath said:
I like to cut the top off of a strawberry and then slice it with my egg slicer. It makes perfectly sized slices. :)
A handy way to add chocolate curls to cereals, cakes etc is to chill some quality chocolate in the fridge for a few minutes and then use a peeler - the kind used for peeling carrots, potatoes etc - to 'peel' the chocolate. The chocolate will curl as you draw the peeler. I've been told that certain cheese slicers can be used the same way, but I haven't tried it.

Xath

Moder-gator
I've never tried adding real chocolate, but I really don't like chocolaty cereals. It sounds like it would make a nice addition to a fancy cake though. :) What do you mean by "quality" chocolate? Will Hershey's do, or would I have to go out for the pricy stuff?

GlassJaw

Hero
Bobitron said:
Bananas and Cheerios is one of those mystical combinations that just works.

I just started buying Special K Red Berries, with freeze-dried strawberries. It's awesome.

When I first tried that, I hated. Now I love it. There's also a cereal that has dried peaches too. I just tried the Special K that has strawberries and these yogurt-nodule-thingies. Good stuff.

werk

First Post
NO! I dislike fruit in my cereal.

It has to do with texture. I don't like mixing textures like crunchy cereal and smooshy fruits. I also eat only smooth ice cream, nothing with chunks or candy in it, same reasoning.

Xath

Moder-gator
werk said:
NO! I dislike fruit in my cereal.

It has to do with texture. I don't like mixing textures like crunchy cereal and smooshy fruits. I also eat only smooth ice cream, nothing with chunks or candy in it, same reasoning.

My mom is the same way. She calls stuff like that "interruptions."

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Xath said:
I like to cut the top off of a strawberry and then slice it with my egg slicer. It makes perfectly sized slices. :)

I'm with Teflon Billy. This is a great idea. I'm going up right now to tell Samantha the Red about it and I'll bet that she thinks this is the best idea ever.

EDIT: Well I did pose the idea and she loved it. Unfortunately, guess who doesn't have any strawberries in the fridge right now...

Way to go, Xath! ;)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads