[FULL] 3.5 Adventure Path - Dungeon Magazine

jpwic

First Post
Sebastian O said:
Hmm, that sounds like a bit of a weird character concept, but it might be possible to pull it off eventually. Although...I'm not sure how. For now, let's just call you player #5. This party will need some fighter-type muscle.

Hehehe, my cleric will be able to fill that role as well, I will write up a BG and Desc after the character sheet is looked at by you:) Its getting late and its time for bed:)

John

Thurgosh Greybeard

Neutral Good Level 1 Dwarven Cleric of Heironeous

Sex: Male Age: 63 Height 4’3” Weight 160 lbs
Hair: Black with a streak of grey running down his beard Eyes: Brown

Ability Scores: Str 16, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 6.

HD 1d8; HP 11 Init +0 Spd 15ft;
Armor Class ; 18 Saves: Fort +5 Ref +0 Will +4
BAB +0; Grapple 0
Attacks: 4 melee (1d8+3 damage, 19-20 x2 Crit Longsword),

Special Qualities: Darkvision, Can move at 20 ft even when wearing medium or heavy armor, Stone Cutting (+2 racial bonus on search to notice unusual stonework), Intuit Depth, Weapon Familiarity, Stability (+4 bonus on ability checks to resist bull rush and trip checks), +2 racial bonus vs poison, +2 bonus vs spells and spell like effects, +1 Racial bonus for attack rolls vs orcs and goblinoids, +4 dodge bonus to AC vs monsters of the Giant type. +2 racial bonus to appraise checks when related to stone or metal items.

Languages spoken: Common, Dwarven

Skills and Feats:

Concentration 7 (4 Ranks, +3 Ability modifier)
Heal 4 (2 Ranks, +2 Ability modifier)
Knowledge: Religion 2 (2 Ranks)

Martial Weapon: Longsword (Granted from War Domain)
Martial Weapon: Dwarven Waraxe (Racial Bonus)
Martial Weapon: Dwarven Urgrosh (Racial Bonus)
Weapon Focus: Longsword (Granted from War Domain)
Tower Shield Proficiency

Possessions:
Longsword (1d8 damage, 19-20 x2 Crit, 4 lbs) 15 gp
Scale mail (AC 4, 30 lbs) 50 gp
Tower Shield (AC 4, 45 lbs) 30 gp

Holy Symbol 1 gp
6 days trail rations (6 lbs) 3 gp
Travelers outfit
Backpack (2 lbs) 2 gp
Waterskin (4 lbs) 1 gp

weight: 91 lbs

money remaining 23 gold

Domains War and Good

—— 0-Level Spells (Cantrips) ——
Detect Magic
Light
Resistance
—— 1st-Level Spells ——
Shield of Faith
Bless
Magic Weapon (Domain Spell)

------------------------------------------------

Thurgosh is your typical dwarven fighter. The only problem is that he is a cleric. Thurgosh has never been one to stay on the backlines just casting heals, he is always on the front lines practicing what he preaches. Thurgosh stands at just over four feet tall and easily weighs somewhat more then 150 pounds. His long black hair has been put into four braids, and his beard is done the same style. Thurgosh’ face has been badly scarred as if he had been burnt in a fire, he is also somewhat more guarded then your average dwarf making friends very rarely. A simple lightning bolt medallion hangs from his neck Strapped to his hip a long sword on his back is a shield that is just as tall as he is.

Background

Thurgosh’ clan no longer exists, almost fifty years ago to the day Aithinne the red decided that the clan’s caves would make a fine new lair. Needless to say the battle was short and brutal leaving only Thurgosh and Adradox the lone dwarven warrior left alive, but they were both badly wounded. They managed to make their way to their way to a nearby monastery dedicated to Heironeous. There the resident clerics managed to heal both of there wounds. The ordeal left Thurgosh badly scarred and Adradox missing an arm. After recovering they had no where to go so the monks graciously let the two dwarves live with them. Thurgosh grew up learning the ways of Heironeous from the monks and fighting techniques from Adradox. After living there for two human generations Thurgosh decided that it was time for him to see more of the world. So he left the monastery and made his way out into the world. Adradox stayed behind and continued on as the monasteries arms teacher so he bade his student farewell and good luck.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Actually, I was too slow. The 5th person beat me by a whole minute. Of course I didn't realize that untill later, because we actually posted at the same time.

Ry

Explorer
OK, here he is. Ended up going for 1 level of barbarian; just fit with the concept as it evolved.

Kalte is far from home; the son of a coward, he had little hope of either friendship or recognition among his own people. Kalte's father deserted in one of the tribe's major battles when Kalte was a very young child. After this, life was difficult to say the least; Kalte's adult name was chosen for him by the chieftain, who - while despising Kalte himself - recognized the youth's tenacity and stubbornness.

The signet ring Kalte carries was found at the site of his father's desertion, and while Kalte believes it has some connection to his father, he is not actively pursuing the matter.

Kalte is motivated almost entirely by a need for affiliation and recognition; he does not need fame, but deep down he desperately wants to be respected as a skilled warrior. This respect can come from nearly anyone who acts with sincerity. He is True Neutral not out of a need for balance, but out of non-commitment to any particular ethos (he has some good tendencies, particularly in regards to helping those being ganged up on). Likewise, Kalte is only nominally devoted to Kord (the god of his clan).

Kalte is reasonably tall, and thickly built, especially at the shoulders. His hair is a dark brown tangle that hangs about halfway down his back and over his shoulders. A few colorful beaded, braided strands are worked into this, along with a few strands of ribbon. Kalte is well-tanned, with dark brown eyes. His clothes are simple, a mix of his tribe's dark reds and browns. He always carries his glaive in hand; if this violates some local custom, he will switch to using it as a walking-stick or with his sack loosely attached (ready to slide off if needed). Only if confronted by guards will he put it onto his back.

Kalte Raser ("Cold Rage")

True Neutral Human Barbarian 1
Deity: Kord

Height: 5'10
Weight: 170 lbs

HP: 14
AC: 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (Scale Mail)
Attack: +5 (1d10+4/x3, glaive)
Speed: 30 ft
Init: +2

Str: 16
Dex: 15
Con: 14
Int: 10
Wis: 10
Cha: 8

Fort: +4
Ref: +2
Wil: +0

Skills, Feats, and Class Abilities:
Climb +7, Intimidate +3, Jump +7, Ride +6, Swim +7
Weapon Focus (Glaive), Combat Reflexes (+2 AoOs)
Fast Movement, Rage 1/day

Equipment:
Glaive
Scale Mail
Signet Ring
Explorer's Outfit (tribe-made)
Waterskin
Small sack
10 Day's Rations
30 gp, 9 sp remaining.

Last edited:

shilsen

Adventurer
So this is what I see thus far:

Mimic - human sorcerer
Dragon-Slayer - elven rogue (?)
jpwic - dwarven cleric
rycanada - human barbarian

I'm thinking a human or gnome (no little people in this party!) bard would be an interesting addition. You're going to need someone to sing the songs about your heroic deeds - or deliver the memorial speech at the funeral, as the case may be ;)

I'll have the background and character sheet up soon.

Sebastian O

First Post
shilsen said:
So this is what I see thus far:

Mimic - human sorcerer

Actually, Mimic's character is an elf. Otherwise, accurate (assuming Dragon-Slayer goes forward with his rogue). A bard would be great!

Last edited:

Blue_Genie

First Post
I'd also be interested in an alternate position. I'm more than happy to play almost any charcter, as long as I can call him RORGAAAN!!!! Just kidding. I'll keep on watching the thread to see if anything opens up.

Remove ads