• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[FULL] 3.5 Adventure Path - Dungeon Magazine

Sebastian O

First Post
Blue_Genie said:
I'd also be interested in an alternate position. I'm more than happy to play almost any charcter, as long as I can call him RORGAAAN!!!! Just kidding. I'll keep on watching the thread to see if anything opens up.

Blue Genie, you would be third alternate.

And, I've marked the game as closed.

Last edited:

Sebastian O

First Post
Mimic said:
I have been dying to play this, I even have a character that I made for this same adventure but the DM left after 5 posts...

Here it is, let me know what you think

Aleria Corlean

Mimic: I have looked over Aleria's sheet in detail, and I can't find any problems. So, she is officially approved! I'll get a RG thread going after everybody has submitted an approved character sheet.

Ry

Explorer
I'm pretty sure I'm good, compliance-wise, but what are the guidelines for posts? Are we going to be PMing you at all, should we pick colours for our own posts, etc? Oh, the rest of my levels may be fighter, especially if we've got rogues to trip the traps. I mean disarm! Disarm the traps. I'll likely be keeping to medium armor, though. jpwic, I think Thurgosh and Kalte could have some good times; Kalte can fight over his head with the glaive, and Thurgosh can get all the best armor (and probably the best weapons, given how longswords are typically distributed in modules).

shilsen

Adventurer
Here's my guy:

Philip Yendis
Male human Brd1
HD 1d6+1; hp 7
Init +6
Speed 30 ft
AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 leather armor), touch 12, flatfooted 12
BAB/Grapple +0/+1
Attack Dagger +1 melee (1d4+1/19-20) or Shortbow +2 ranged (1d6/x3)
Saves Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +1
Alignment CG
Abilities: Str 12 (+1), Dex 14 (+2), Con 12 (+1), Int 14 (+2), Wis 8 (-1), Cha 15 (+2)

Languages Spoken: Common, Draconic, Elven

Skills (36 skill points):
Bluff +7 (4 ranks +3 Cha)
Diplomacy +7 (4 ranks +3 Cha)
Knowledge - Arcana +4 (2 ranks +2 Int)
Knowledge - History +4 (2 ranks +2 Int)
Knowledge - Local +4 (2 ranks +2 Int)
Knowledge - Nobility and Royalty +4 (2 ranks +2 Int)
Perform - Comedy +7 (4 ranks +3 Cha)
Sense Motive +3 (4 ranks -1 Wis)
Spellcraft +6 (4 ranks +2 Int)
Tumble +6 (4 ranks +2 Dex)
Use Magic Device +7 (4 ranks +3 Cha)

Feats (1 Normal, 1 Human): Eschew Materials, Improved Initiative

Special Abilities/Qualities: Bardic music (1/day), bardic knowledge (+3), countersong, inspire courage, fascinate, inspire courage +1

Equipment (100 gp):
Dagger (2 gp - 1 lb)
Shortbow (30 gp - 2 lb)
20 arrows (1 gp - 3 lb)
Leather armor (10 gp - 15 lb)
Musical instrument (5 gp - 3 lb)
Flint & steel (1 gp)
Ink (8 gp)
Inkpen (1 sp)
Mirror (10 gp - 0.5 lb)
2 flasks of oil (2 sp - 2 lb)
5 sheets of parchment (1 gp)
Belt pouch (1 gp - 0.5 lb)
2 days rations (1 gp - 2 lb)
50 ft silk rope (10 gp - 5 lb)
Sack (1 sp - 0.5 lb)
2 vials (2 gp - 0.2 lb)
Waterskin (1 gp - 4 lb)
Whetstone (2 cp - 1 lb)
Total weight: 39.7 lbs

Remaining wealth: 16 gp, 5 sp, 11 cp

Spells Per Day (2); DC 12 + spell level

Spells Known (4); 0th: Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Summon Instrument

Background:

Philip grew up on the streets of the city, raised by his mother, a poor maid and seamstress. He never knew his father, and though his mother always told him that his father was a nobleman who had seduced and impregnated (and then promptly thrown her out) her while she was employed in his household, she never told the boy who that individual might be, claiming that it would only put him in danger. Assuming that her story was true, perhaps she might have told him when he was older, but when Philip was in his mid-teens, she contracted a disease and died soon after.

Now alone, the distraught Philip might have disappeared or drifted into a life of crime, but he was lucky. Desperately trying to find a place to stay (since he did not have the money to retain the rented room his mother and he had lived in), he tried to persuade a local innkeeper to give him a room as long as he worked in the inn. During his time there, Philip discovered a gift for humor and was soon entertaining patrons with jokes, humorous poems and limericks, and pratfalls. One of the regular patrons, an old bard named Puttenham, took a liking to the boy and saw some talent in him. He would invite Philip to visit him during his free hours and train the boy in the bardic arts. Philip, who had a great deal of curiosity about the world, especially those areas of it above and beyond his social status (and which he still dreamed that he might be descended from, as his mother had claimed), quickly took to the instruction and discovered that he had some facility in the magic of the bards.

By now, Philip has been trained by Puttenham for a year and was recently told that he had learned as much as he could. He plans to travel and see more of the world, but knowing that he needs more money, he is working at various taverns and inns around the city, trying to raise more money. Unfortunately, the young man’s liking for the flesh-pots of the city has affected his attempts at raising money. Recently he has begun to consider the life of an adventurer, since the risks might be offset by a chance to make some easy money.

Physical description: Philip is slim and of medium height (5 ft 8 in, 140 lbs), with bright brown eyes and a strong face. He tends to consider himself good-looking and has a slim moustache which he considers rakish. His long, curly brown hair is usually tied into a ponytail. Whatever clothes he wears are usually clean and well-maintained, but have a strange tendency to become rumpled almost immediately.

Character: Philip always has a smile and a quick jest on his lips, despite the hard life that he has had. Or perhaps because of it, as some sort of a defense mechanism. He has a way with words and can switch from the foulest street slang to a close approximation of courtly language in the breath of an eye. With his above average intelligence and charismatic personality, he should have been more successful, but is handicapped by a fair blend of recklessness and a lack of real discipline. A liking (or weakness) for good food, strong wine and a pretty woman doesn’t help either. Still, the gift of the gab and quick wits often help him out of the scrapes he gets into. Though he often presents himself as a cynical and amoral sensualist, Philip has a charitable side and is especially disposed to help those who have been hurt by those more powerful than themselves, though he is liable to present that help in terms that hide its altruistic aspects.

Last edited:

Sebastian O

First Post
rycanada said:
I'm pretty sure I'm good, compliance-wise, but what are the guidelines for posts? Are we going to be PMing you at all, should we pick colours for our own posts, etc?

There shouldn't be any need for PMing. I will use the Hide Text feature to impart private information, and you may do the same. Obviously, it's easy for others to cheat and read that info, but the most important thing is that everybody role-plays appropriately, keeping IC and OOC knowledge separate. I would only send info on a PM if it's a HUGE surprise, and I just can't allow anybody else to know (an example might be....your character gets kidnapped and replaced by a doppleganger unbeknownst to the rest of the party, and I ask you to role-play as the doppleganger impersonating your character. Something like that).

I'm not a huge fan of color-coded text, so I won't use it and I won't encourage you to use it. But, if you really want to, you can.

The only other rules I have are these:

1. Write in 3rd person present tense.

'Kalte attacks the orc' is good. 'Kalte attacked the orc' is bad. 'I attack the orc' is even worse. Obviously, I need more detailed posting than that, but you get the idea.

2. Make sure to let me know when characters use skills, feats, abilities, etc.

'Aleria looks around the room' is alright, but you should say 'Aleria looks around the room [Search +3]' if you want me to make a skill check.

BTW, I will take care of all dice rolling.

That should about do it.

Dragon-Slayer

First Post
Demetrius Bluefox
Male Gnome (Rock) Rogue 1
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Patron Deity: Olidammara
Height: 3' 3''
Weight: 42 lbs
Hair: Brown (shoulderlength)
Eyes: Light Blue

Statistics:
Str: 10 (+0)
Dex: 15 (+2)
Con: 13 (+1)
Int: 14 (+2)
Wis: 10 (+0)
Cha: 12 (+1)

Hit Dice: 1d6 + 1
HP: 7
AC: 13 (+2 Dex, +1 for size Small)
Init: +2 (+2 Dex)
Speed: 20 ft
DC for spell-like abilities: 11

Saves:
Fortitude +1 [+0 base, +1 Con]
Reflex +4 [+2 base, +2 Dex]
Will +2 [+0 base, +2 Iron Will feat]

BAB: +1 (size Small)
Melee Atk: +1 (1d3+1, 19-20/x2, Dagger, Sap)
Ranged Atk: +4 (1d3+4, x2, 50' range increment, Sling)

Skills:
Ranks: 40 (8 +2 Int bonus x4)
Open Lock: +4 (2 ranks C, +2 Dex), Spot: +4 (4 ranks C, +0 Wis), Use Magical Device: +3 (2 ranks C, +1 Cha), Listen: +5 (3 ranks C, +0 Wis, +2 racial modifier), Disable Device: +5 (3 ranks C, +2 Int), Search: +6 (4 ranks C, +2 Int), Bluff: +4 (3 ranks C +1 Cha), Hide: +8 (2 ranks C, +2 Dex, +4 racial mod), Climb: +3 (3 ranks C, +0 Str), Move Silently: +4 (2 ranks C, +2 Dex), Sleight of hand: +4 (2 ranks C, +2 Dex), Escape artist: +4 (2 ranks C, +2 Dex), Swim: +4 (4 ranks, +0 Str), Tumble: +4 (2 ranks C, +2 Dex), Ride: +3 (2 ranks, cc, +2 Dex)

Feat:
Iron Will (+2 Will Save)

Languages: Common, Gnome, Draconic, Dwarven

Equipment: (Starting Gold 125 gp)
Explorer's outfit [10gp, 2 lb]
Backpack (2gp, 1/2 lb)
Grappling hook (1gp, 1lb)
Rope, silk (10gp, 5lb)
Waterskin (1gp, 1lb)
Sack (empty) (1sp, -)

Sling (in pouch with 10 sling bullets) [1sp, 5 lb] 1d3 dmg

Sap (on belt) [1 gp, 2 lb] 1d4 (nonlethal)

Dagger (on belt x2) [4 gp, 2 lb] 1d3 dmg
Rations (4days) (1gp, 1lb)

Pouch (on belt) [1 gp, 1/2 lb]
- Thieve's tools [30 gp, 1 lb]
- Soap [5 cp, - lb]
- Flint and steel [1 gp, - lb]
- Ink [8 gp, - lb]
- Inkpen [1 sp, - lb]
- Oil [1 sp, 1 lb] x3
- Parchment [2 sp, - lb]
- Money (54gp)
Value: 73 gp
Weight: 23 lb
Carrying Capacity: 24/49/75 (adjusted for Small sized creature)

Money
60 gp

Appearance: Demetrius is a wiry gnome with a slightly wild look to him. His brown shoulder length hair is sometimes half-combed, usually not, his short trimmed beard is immaculate. He is always clean, however, always taking time to wash off the grime of the road whenever possible. Although fairly average for a gnome, Demetrius has a certain rogueish charm about him that has kept him out of many scrapes. Bluefox is devout to Olidammara and never fails to pay homage to the god of rogues at any roadside temple or city shrine.

Background: Raised in a caravan of charlatans and scoundrels, Demetrius grew up wandering and learning how to live by his wits. For many years the caravan, known as 'the Thrushes of Gildimeer' lived by fleecing various communities until they wandered too far into the realm of a mage of reknown with little sense of humor. When the wizard's subjects complained profusely, the arcanist sent forth a bullete of immense size to dispatch the gnomish menace. The caravan scattered, Demetrius set out to find another community of gnomes to take him in. Many years passed, and the young gnome has still not found a place to call home. Upon hearing of a unique city called Cauldron, the young rogue flounders across the countryside, trying to brush up on arcane lore and seeking Cauldron, the City in the Crater.

Racial Abilities: Gnome
• +2 Constitution, –2 Strength.
• Small: As a Small creature, a gnome gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
• Gnome base land speed is 20 feet.
• Low-Light Vision: A gnome can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
• Weapon Familiarity: Gnomes may treat gnome hooked hammers as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.
• +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusions.
• Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against illusion spells cast by gnomes. This adjustment stacks with those from similar effects.
• +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds and goblinoids.
• +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type. Any time a creature loses its Dexterity bonus (if any) to Armor Class, such as when it’s caught flat-footed, it loses its dodge bonus, too.
• +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
• +2 racial bonus on Craft (alchemy) checks.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Gnome. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, and Orc. In addition, a gnome can speak with a burrowing mammal (a badger, fox, rabbit, or the like, see below). This ability is innate to gnomes. See the speak with animals spell description.
• Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day—speak with animals (burrowing mammal only, duration 1 minute). A gnome with a Charisma score of at least 10 also has the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation. Caster level 1st; save DC 10 + gnome’s Cha modifier + spell level.
• Favored Class: Bard. A multiclass gnome’s bard class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.

Class Features: Rogue
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Rogues are proficient with all simple weapons, plus the hand crossbow, rapier, sap, shortbow, and short sword. Rogues are proficient with light armor, but not with shields.
Sneak Attack: If a rogue can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from her attack, she can strike a vital spot for extra damage.
The rogue’s attack deals extra damage any time her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the rogue flanks his target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and it increases by 1d6 every two rogue levels thereafter. Should the rogue score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this extra damage is not multiplied.
Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet.
With a sap (blackjack) or an unarmed strike, a rogue can make a sneak attack that deals nonlethal damage instead of lethal damage. He cannot use a weapon that deals lethal damage to deal nonlethal damage in a sneak attack, not even with the usual –4 penalty.
A rogue can sneak attack only living creatures with discernible anatomies—undead, constructs, oozes, plants, and incorporeal creatures lack vital areas to attack. Any creature that is immune to critical hits is not vulnerable to sneak attacks. The rogue must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. A rogue cannot sneak attack while striking a creature with concealment or striking the limbs of a creature whose vitals are beyond reach.
Trapfinding: Rogues (and only rogues) can use the Search skill to locate traps when the task has a Difficulty Class higher than 20.
Finding a nonmagical trap has a DC of at least 20, or higher if it is well hidden. Finding a magic trap has a DC of 25 + the level of the spell used to create it.
Rogues (and only rogues) can use the Disable Device skill to disarm magic traps. A magic trap generally has a DC of 25 + the level of the spell used to create it.
A rogue who beats a trap’s DC by 10 or more with a Disable Device check can study a trap, figure out how it works, and bypass it (with his party) without disarming it.

yet another edit: done, I hope

Last edited:

Sebastian O

First Post
jpwic said:
Thurgosh Greybeard

jpwic:

A few questions and corrections for Thurgosh:

1. What is his second domain other than War?

2. His melee attack should be +4 with his longsword, due to Weapon Focus.

3. I figured his weight carried at 91 lbs. I don't count one set of clothing towards encumbrance (still a medium load, ah well....it's that heavy tower shield) ;)

Everything else looks good.

jpwic

First Post
Sebastian O said:
jpwic:

A few questions and corrections for Thurgosh:

1. What is his second domain other than War?

2. His melee attack should be +4 with his longsword, due to Weapon Focus.

3. I figured his weight carried at 91 lbs. I don't count one set of clothing towards encumbrance (still a medium load, ah well....it's that heavy tower shield) ;)

Everything else looks good.

Woops thats what you get for doing it making a character when youve been awake for 20 hours:) .. Good is his other domain.. I'm always forgetting about weapon focus, and yup youre right:)

Sebastian O

First Post
rycanada said:
OK, here he is. Ended up going for 1 level of barbarian; just fit with the concept as it evolved.

rycanada: Okay, I've gone over Kalte's character sheet, and just have a few issues:

1. Need his age

2. You forgot to list his Init score (+2)

3. I figure that his glaive hits for 1d10+3 damage (not +4)

4. I figured remaining wealth at 30 gp, 9sp. This includes him having one set of clothes (Explorers outfit) for free.

Other than that, he looks good!

Remove ads