• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Full!: 3 players needed for Midnight PbP game

GentleGiant

Explorer
Due to a short hiatus of my game, because of other engagements and technical problems for some of my player, 3 of my players have gone MIA.
Thus I am looking for new players to take over their characters.

The game is a fairly "normal" Midnight Play-by-Post game with some possible Cthulhu/Warhammer Fantasy elements showing up along the way.
The whole shebang takes place at my own message boards which can be found here:
http://gentlegiantdk.com/midnight/forum/index.php

I'd like to have players who can post at least 2-3 times a week, just to keep things moving.
There's a lot more info on the messageboards themselves. Be sure to have a good look around.

Now, to the characters in question. Everybody is still 1st level and, as I said above, 3 characters are up for grabs. They are as follows:

Name: Ethan Solea.
Race: Human (Erenlander).
Class(es): 1st Lvl. Rogue
Heroic Path: Shadow Walker
Alignment: Chaotic Good.

Height: 5' 5''
Weight: 135 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Short cropped black hair that always seems wild
Other Physical Characteristics: Born and raised in Baden's Bluff Ethan is of average height and weight with a very unassuming appearance. He moves with a languid grace one would not expect to find in one his age and he bears a few scars he's gotten from the guards and other street persons during his "adventures". He has a mischievious smile which seems permanently etched into his face and though not particularly attractive he possesses a silver tongue that has gotten him into more trouble than anything else. He dresses in simple pants and shirts, often with a vest so he has somewhere to stash the "lost" items he finds.

Character Name : Gotrek Bloodfist
Character Race : Kurgun Dwarf
Character Class : Wildlander
Character Heroic Path : Beast
Alignment : Chaotic Good

Height : 4' 5"
Weight : 175
Eyes : Black
Hair : Red
Other Physical Characteristics: Gotrek is an almost feral looking dwarf. For those who know dwarves, he is aloof and unapproachable, for those unfamiliar with the race he is down right frightening. He is average in height and weight for a dwarf however he is quite muscular and hardy. Gotrek's red hair seems to grow wild and is long and mostly un-kept. He will often wear his hair pulled back in a ponytail that cascades down his back to his waist while his beard is braided and capped by carved metal studs. Tattoos cover most of his body and depict various symbols and artistic swirls and lines but the one that is most apparent is the one of a great axe on his forehead with the haft along the ridge of his nose. His swarthy complexion and rugged nature lend to a hard life of travel and a well-worn disposition.

Name: Adelard Norfall
Race: Human (Dorn).
Class(es): 1st Lvl. Barbarian.
Heroic Path: Ironborn.
Alignment: Neutral Good.

Height: 6' 6''
Weight: 188 lbs.
Eyes: Watery Blue.
Hair: Shaves his head in the traditional dornish style and has a close cropped reddish beard.

Description: Adelard is a young Dornish warrior not yet grown into his full size, seeming rather lanky for his height. His eyes are bright and curious, and he moves gracefully, with none of the awkwardness one would expect from someone all arms and legs.

The full character sheets are, of course, available on the message board.
Minor changes to the characters can be discussed.
Let me know if you're interested, first come, first serve.

Note: I'm also going to post this on the Midnight D20 Yahoo group and on AgainsttheShadow.org.

Last edited:

mps42

First Post
Might be interested in this, where would I find more info on this setting? I am not familiar with some things like the heroic path and a couple others.

GentleGiant

Explorer
Hey mps42 and Krug (why am I not surprised that the "Smelliest Dwarf in town" shows up ;)).

A couple of people over on AgainsttheShadow.org have expressed interest too, so the only character that is left is Gotrek.
Let me just post the latest post I made over on AtS.org:

GentleGiant said:
Okay, let's tally up the results so far.

Ethan Solea and Adelard Norfall are both taken.

Gotrek the Dwarf is still up for grabs, sort of.

I'm waiting to hear from DigitalM@ if he's still interested.
In the spirit of keeping things moving, so the game can continue, I'm going to give DigitalM@ a deadline until later this afternoon (my time). So if he hasn't checked in by... let's say 1 p.m. EST I'm going to let the next in line have the option of grabbing Gotrek up.

So the line of succession, at the time of this writing, is as follows:

DigitalM@
rangerjohn (who read about my search on ENWorld - originally wanted to play Adelard)
rolando
Bearlord

So the current list would thus read:

DigitalM@
rangerjohn
rolando
Bearlord
mps42
Krug

I'll post a new message when I find out who's the lucky git ;)

GentleGiant

Explorer
DigitalM@ reported back just in time to snag Gotrek the Dwarf.

Let me know if anyone is interested in beign signed up for a "waiting list"

Blue_Genie

First Post
Waiting List

If you end up needing someone else, I'd be very interested in a Midnight campaign. Please sign me up on the waiting list.

Blue

Remove ads