D&D 5E [Full] Tall's PotA Campiagn

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Unarmored defense and martial arts should work. However, it would make your AC very variable (recalculate for every animal), since physical stats change. It would NOT stack with Barkskin, which would probably be your better option (until maybe super-high levels if you were spending ASIs on non-attack stats). Though bear AC is pretty low, so UD might be better. Might be about equal with, say, a Dire Wolf's AC of 14.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Unarmored defense and martial arts should work. However, it would make your AC very variable (recalculate for every animal), since physical stats change. It would NOT stack with Barkskin, which would probably be your better option (until maybe super-high levels if you were spending ASIs on non-attack stats). Though bear AC is pretty low, so UD might be better. Might be about equal with, say, a Dire Wolf's AC of 14.
With a +4(point buy is 17cap right?) Wis it would give a static 14 AC after racial mods with a possible boost from form.

I would of thought martial arts wouldn't of mixed as natural weapons.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Point buy is 15 before racials.

Oh, right. martial arts requires "when you attack with a monk weapon", right? I'm AFB so can't check. If that's the case, then you are right, since you can't wield monk weapons in animal form. Unless you're a giant ape, maybe?

Azurewraith

Explorer
Point buy is 15 before racials.

Oh, right. martial arts requires "when you attack with a monk weapon", right? I'm AFB so can't check. If that's the case, then you are right, since you can't wield monk weapons in animal form. Unless you're a giant ape, maybe?
Ah so 17 is the max barkskin does seem better. All though I did have one idea for a a barbarian who could morph into a bear after playing gwent lastnight, I fear the best would become a rather large liability after the first few levels though.

TallIan

Explorer
MA is also when attacking unarmed.

Azure, if you take the Defeat the Skyriders hook from this link it'll give you a good reason to be in the Spire. It should work with a druid too. Don't feel obliged to take that hook though if you don't think it'll fit.

You can also choose one of the Forgotten Realms factions if you like.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Azurewraith

Explorer
MA is also when attacking unarmed.

Azure, if you take the Defeat the Skyriders hook from this link it'll give you a good reason to be in the Spire. It should work with a druid too. Don't feel obliged to take that hook though if you don't think it'll fit.

You can also choose one of the Forgotten Realms factions if you like.

Didn't really have a backstory set so ill take it I can make something of it, something interesting.

Where do you stand on animal attacks are they unarmed or using natural weapons? Also what about the ua defence?

TallIan

Explorer
I believe natural weapons are weapons, so you could not use them for MA attacks.

Unamoured defense you use whichever AC you want, either the creature's natural AC or UD which is 10(not creature AC) + DEX(from new form) + WIS.

Azurewraith

Explorer
I believe natural weapons are weapons, so you could not use them for MA attacks.

Unamoured defense you use whichever AC you want, either the creature's natural AC or UD which is 10(not creature AC) + DEX(from new form) + WIS.

Thought as much ill do some quick math craft and mull things over. I got a couple concept's ill get back to you with a char in an hourish.

Never ran the modual before care to give me a quick synopsis of what's going on? Keeping things my character wouldn't know.

Remove ads