• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fun While Prone

yu gnomi

Explorer
wrt to ranged attacks: I only meant in context of being immune to power affects. RAW is being prone can be a good strategy when attacked by ranged attacks.

wrt to monsters benefitting by free stand up (unimmobilize, etc). Since using power is players discretion, I don't see the harm.

Danceofmasks

First Post
Well, come and get it is already very strong.
Allowing extra effects might break it entirely ..

They worded it that way on purpose, 'cos it means which direction and square they shift it's their choice .. if it was meant to be forcing them to come to you, then it would have been pull 2.
Just saying.
Pull 2 = don't care if they're stunned, immobilised, prone, or over difficult terrain.
Shift 2 = I made you mad, but if you can't physically do it, then never mind.

Krensus

First Post
Most monsters who get knocked prone will happily soak an attack from the fighter to get a free action stand up. A free move action is greater than the damage when it comes down to economy of actions.

Danceofmasks

First Post
Oh, and since you're asking so nicely, the minions moved adjacent first .. now there's no room for the boss-man to move, so he declined.
How convenient.

Krensus

First Post
"Good job, Fighter, you really fired up those minions! They want your head now! Big guy does too, but he just can't squeeze in. Darn."

NeoNick

First Post
Pull 2 = don't care if they're stunned, immobilised, prone, or over difficult terrain.
Shift 2 = I made you mad, but if you can't physically do it, then never mind.

Not as I understand it from page 285 in PH. All three of push, pull and slide are handled similarly it seems to me. "Whether you’re pulling, pushing, or sliding a target, certain rules govern all forced movement."

This is off topic but it's pretty important to clarify how push vs slide works.

Any comments?

Krensus

First Post
Not as I understand it from page 285 in PH. All three of push, pull and slide are handled similarly it seems to me. "Whether you’re pulling, pushing, or sliding a target, certain rules govern all forced movement."

This is off topic but it's pretty important to clarify how push vs slide works.

Any comments?

I believe the main difference between push and slide is that in a push, you force the target to move, but each square you move it has to be further away from the origin of the pushing power. Pull is the opposite. Slide means you can move them however you please.

NeoNick

First Post
Agreed, but the question is wether "stunned, immobilised, prone, or over difficult terrain" are handled differently when "Pull 2" compared to "Shift 2".

I think not. :)

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Any comments?

Yes - you're mixing up Shift and Slide.

A Slide is forced movement.

Come And Get It does not slide the opponent. Come And Get It causes the opponent to Shift. A Shift is not Forced Movement, so it doesn't bypass movement restrictions.

-Hyp.

Remove ads