• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

funny happenings

Nightcloak

First Post
Macrovore said:
dude, that's AWESOME
*quickly thinks up way to incorporate a tower full of Rouge's Roulettes into my new campaign*

Heres to hoping that your PCs don't make short work of it like mine did! I was pretty mortified at first, but now the whole thing just makes me laugh. It's amazing how players will sometimes miss an obvious clue for hours but make short work of a devious trap :confused:

But they paid many times over, so its all good :] :cool:

Macrovore

First Post
Nightcloak said:
Heres to hoping that your PCs don't make short work of it like mine did! I was pretty mortified at first, but now the whole thing just makes me laugh. It's amazing how players will sometimes miss an obvious clue for hours but make short work of a devious trap :confused:

But they paid many times over, so its all good :] :cool:

elaborate, please

Mr_GrinReaper

First Post
Macrovore said:
elaborate, please

X_X

Hear, Hear. I'd second that nomination.

:p @ NC

J'espere tu as tres modest (curse this computers lack of accents) (Don't worry, i diddnt say anything wierd, but im too lazy to check if it actually makes sense, mostly that what i wrote is just ghetto french :p)

Nightcloak

First Post
Macrovore said:
elaborate, please

Well... The trap was designed to totally freak out and humble my cocky players at the time. They were somewhere around 9 yo 10th level (2E D&D) and could waltz through many traps and monsters. That entire level was a serious challenge to the players. 3D maps. Reverse gravity traps. There was even a Lich that didn't realize he was lich. THe poor thing had gone insane and thought he was a normal sage again (the players played along with him and found him actually helpful and friendly - he even gave them a scroll when the mage helped him organize his lab :p ).

I had this vision of the rouge roulette totally handing the players some much needed humility.

It did rattle them at first. But then they turned around and systematically figured out how to escape with little trouble! I was, needless to say, humbled myself. But the kick to the dice bag was them turning around and making a joke out of it. "We'll leave the light on for you" my @#$%. Motel 6 indeed!

But you are right. It was a good concept that I should remember for the great looks I got. The initial look I got was priceless. Us GMs live for those looks. But I'll always be a little irked by the ease they escaped. Then again, I really should be proud for the guys. They have overcome some pretty nasty traps and puzzles I've thrown at them.

So thats what I meant by that. I hope you get some great looks out of that trick and hopefully more mileage than I did. Maybe a few spins at least to really rattle their cages.

Nightcloak

First Post
Mr_GrinReaper said:
X_X

J'espere tu as tres modest (curse this computers lack of accents) (Don't worry, i diddnt say anything wierd, but im too lazy to check if it actually makes sense, mostly that what i wrote is just ghetto french :p)

Saya What?

Macrovore

First Post
BoD was telleng me about once when his PC's were fighting a balor, it sundered one of the player's whip, so he used his scarf. Natural 20. Natural 20, and another Natural 20. Yes, the fighter decapitated a balor with a scarf. That would be a funny sight (later he wanted to make the scarf keen)

Macrovore said:
BoD was telleng me about once when his PC's were fighting a balor, it sundered one of the player's whip, so he used his scarf. Natural 20. Natural 20, and another Natural 20. Yes, the fighter decapitated a balor with a scarf. That would be a funny sight (later he wanted to make the scarf keen)
No, NOT my PCs (though I wish it were). It was an event someone mentioned on the WotC boards, on a thread about the funnies gaming events. How did you think it was my party, you kept bugging me to find the thread.

EDIT: Is tjhgough a word, 'cause I accidentally typed it instead of though.

Macrovore

First Post
Shutup Plotnik!
-Lee Atkins

-He's Coming For You... (make a Heroes of Horror plot hook for that!)
(Monk3 vs. Warrior30 Battle of the Century!!!

O yeah, about that thread. Post the ones you remember, BoD

Remove ads