Funny Quotes for the Cannon Fodder?

Noumenon

First Post
I'm going to be running The Giant's Skull module where the players do a one-shot as angry ogres invading a fortress full of humans. A lot of the fun in this adventure has to be playing evil -- throwing the puny humans around, squashing them, pulling their limbs off, et cetera. It needs to be fun and not disturbing, so I want to come up with funny deaths for everyone. So what can I make the humans say that will add to this? Stuff like "I can't feel my legs!" and the classic "Aieee!" Anybody got a list? "Don't eat me -- I'm scrawny!"

Silvercat Moonpaw

Adventurer
There's always Monty Python references:

"It's just a flesh-wound."

"Ah'm not dead."

Seriously, just read things like 8-Bit Theater and Order of the Stick: not only will you probably pick up some good lines, but it's fun too.

Wizard Biscuits

First Post
"What're you cowering under that table for, Jenkins? Those ogres couldn't hit a dragon with those rocks from that dist-"

"Looks like I'm only half the man I used to be." - on being torn in half.

"Can someone lend a hand?" and "I haven't got a leg to stand on." - for limb removal.

frankthedm

First Post
(Marches up with bravado.)"YOU want a piece of ME?!" (voice cracks as he realizes how big the ogre is) "Do you want a piece" (sees ogre licking lips) "of me...eep!"

The_Gneech

Explorer
"I'm okay!"

WHOMP!

(feebly) "I'm still okay!"

---

"I'll haaarrrmmmm yooouuuu!"

---

"Mommy!!!"

---

"Game over, man! Game over!"

---

Get a .WAV file of [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdbYsoEasio]The Wilhelm Scream[/ame] and play it on your laptop every third death.

-The Gneech :cool:

Silvercat Moonpaw

Adventurer
You may have already thought of this but encourage the players to be silly: punting humans like footballs, using them as weapons, using them as puppets after they're dead. If they don't take the activity to be too serious it'll likely seem less grusome.

Remove ads