• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Funny "victory" lines?

Festivus

First Post
TarionzCousin said:
Name this movie:

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum!"

Hint: Rowdy Roddy Piper, a local Portland boy.

The only movie I can think of is "They Live" that had Rowdy Roddy Piper in it.

ruleslawyer

That would be Hell Comes to Frogtown.

Wow am I embarrassed.

Incidentally, rgard, you missed one of Ahnold's best lines from Predator. [I know it too well because one of the PCs in my 2e game was an archer who mastered the "staple" called shot option from the Complete Fighter's Handbook, and kept sticking dangerous foes to walls and such so that the party could finish off the weaker enemies in peace before closing in with the big gun(s).]

After nailing a bad guy to the wall with a thrown knife:

"Stick around!"

Rackhir

Explorer
One of my favorite lines is from Shilsen's Saturday Story hour. Our characters were chasing a pair of Rakshasa who had stolen a powerful artifact. The boss Rakshasa was using a projected image to taunt us and once we made it clear that we knew what they were, dropped it's disguise revealing it's self to be white furred. Which prompted my character to say

“You’re white. That’s good – it’ll match our drapes.”

Jeysie

First Post
Thunderfoot said:
Wow, at least someone got that. ;) (BTW I did) If I remember it was - "I am the lance that leeches your boil!" that did me in.

You just need to find a group that appreciates the sheer cheesy awesomeness of 80s/90s cartoons. ;)

Peace & Luv, Liz

Toras

First Post
"That's it. I'm making boots out of him. "

Dragon managed die on top of character who had slain him and thus had be pryed out by his allies.

Finally catching up with the little bastard who sent you off on the whole revenge/quest ordeal.

"I told you run."

For those that immediately proceeded the death.

"Start running."

"I'm going to F###-start your head."

"Prepare for an involuntary skeletal deconstruction. "

There are others, but they are considerably longer.

Last edited:

"Hey blubberbutt..."
Said by a Human ex-merc with heavy repeating blaster rifle in a Star Wars d20 game to the Herglic lieutenant of a crime boss, just prior to squeezing the trigger and rolling a natural 20.

"Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!"
Said by the Human techie in the same group after the damage was rolled.

"Feel the Force beeyotch!"
Said by Minor Jedi's player at a con game I was running, blasting an Imperial officer with Force Strike after said Imperial gave a very mocking diatribe on the fallacy of the Force (inspired by seeing the Minor Jedi brandishing his lightsaber).

"I told them to clear the road."
My ex-trucker in a short-lived GI Joe campaign after running over the Dreadnok's choppers with a cab-over semi. No Dreadnoks were harmed during that event... but not for a lack of trying.

VioletSamurai

First Post
That would be They Live, John Carpenter's most underrated film, also starring the most underrated actor in Hollywood, Keith David.

Edit: Grrr. I should really check and make sure there isn't another page in the thread before posting a reply. :(

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads