• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Future 5th Edition books you'd *like* to see?

Instead of campaign settings, I'd just like more campaign conversion guides on the website. Give us official PDFs that are 5-20 pages with all the crunch you need to play.
Other than Dark Sun, that works for every setting and is cheaper to produce.

I would love to see material on Planescape, Al'Qadim, Birthright, and Spelljammer. Doesn't even have to be too fancy; I'd be content with something on the lines of the SCAG, enough that it would let those of us with big libraries from the olden days quickly plug them into 5e, while at the same time serving as an introduction to those of newer generations who didn't have the luck to play those settings in their days.

Gwarok

Explorer
More monsters, Mass Combat Rules, and generally just more campaign material. Pathfinder does a great job of turning out lots of really nice supplements for adventures and campaign areas and ideas. I'm very happy 5E hasn't gone nuts with books like 4E, but I'd like more campaign materials.

werecorpse

Adventurer
I want some official stuff and some I don't mind.

From WOTC: - monster manual (90% converting monsters from previous versions), a players book (no new classes just subclasses, feats and spells), a DM book (magic items - not sure what else - maybe advanced encounter guidelines, made for more experienced DM's)

From wotc or from 3rd party: - adventures, maybe the odd bunch of new monsters or magic items, NPC templates,

I prefer the tools of the game (classes, feats, spells) to be official as unofficial stuff has a much higher chance of being unbalanced or whacky - sometimes it's hard to tell until it's unbalancing your game, and I can't be bothered finding out. I have a lesser prejudice against 3p monsters but still a bit of prejudice (because if I put an unbalanced monster in my game it's a one off but a feat or subclass can create much bigger problems).

But when it comes to adventures I find wotc or 3p are as likely as each other to hold gems.

DM Howard

Explorer
Since I have a feeling that the way they have treated the Forgotten Realms so far (Adventurer's Guide) I would like to see an Adventurer's Guide for Eberron and see that setting opened up for the DM'S Guild.

Remove ads