• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

gaining skill points

Tranzquility

First Post
Has any one ever thought about being able to obtain skill points with out leveling up such as training climbing with a teacher and gaining skill points in climbing with out having to wait tell you reach the next level such as level 3 or what ever.... ?

Sammael

Adventurer
I've thought about it, but it messes up the system quite a bit. At most, I'd give a character who spent significant time training a +1 competence bonus. Never, ever allow a character to gain ranks in a skill in such a way.

shilsen

Adventurer
Sammael said:
I've thought about it, but it messes up the system quite a bit. At most, I'd give a character who spent significant time training a +1 competence bonus. Never, ever allow a character to gain ranks in a skill in such a way.
Same here. It also opens up all sorts of unnecessary questions. Does the warrior who practices daily with his sword and gets instruction from a famed swordmaster get +1 to BAB or to hit with the weapon (the equivalent of the W. Focus feat)? Does the rogue who practices dodging physical and magical attacks get a +1 to Reflex saves?

Remove ads