• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Galactic Empire: Serving the New Order

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Capt. Archimedes Daxson

"Understood sir. I'll go and see if we can't figure out who is who. If they shoot at me, my armor should protect me." Archimedes seems to be angry. He jogs to the corridor and stands half-behind the corner.

"Don't shoot, we've been sent by Grand General Kardon to assist with exterminating the rebels. We've already had enough trouble for one day... Who's in command down here?"

Archimedes scans thier uniforms for signs of rank (Spot +5) and tries to determine whether or not they act like proper stormtroopers or not (untrained Sense Motive +1 with help from Profession: Stormtrooper +7?).

Last edited:

Archimedes' call got the attention of two stormtroopers. At first, one of them turned a gun on him and nearly firedd, but the second grabbed the arm and pointed him back down the other corridor. The second trooper motioned to someone that Archimedes couldn't see. A moment later, the olive green capped head of an officer popped out from behind a series of barricades. The blaster he was holding was slightly red from constant fire.

Risking a glance the other direction again, the officer fired off a couple of shots to the distant opponents before looking back to Archimedes and calling, "You're late! We thought you were supposed to flank them, not come up behind us!"

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Capt. Archimedes Daxson

Archimedes exposes himself and keeps his rifle trained in thier direction, but not pointed exactly at them. He approaches two steps.

"Who's in command here?" Glancing at the officer and the troopers, "Name and Ranks people!"

OOC: AMG - I'm going out of town for the next 4 days. Feel free to run Archimedes while I'm not here. :)

"Apparently I'm in command!" the same officer yelled back after ducking down to allow a couple of stormtroopers shots, "Second Lt. Markon, sir!"

There was a pause and the second Lt. crawled out from his cover, took a glance towards where the blaster fire was coming from, then ran across the opening towards you. He wasn't hit, though a few shots did come awfully close. Breathing heavily, he oviously was doing his best to not look threatening as he spoke in a more quiet voice(though still a near shout to be heard over the barrage of blaster fire), "The traitors had started retreating down this passageway when we attacked. They've stopped their retreat and are holding us here. I was just getting ready to lead a group around to flank them when the CO was shot."

Veritas

First Post
Rannick looks the officer up and down, then glances over his shoulder at the soldiers there, taking in their numbers and condition. He also accounts for their wounded and dead.

"We'll handle the flanking maneuver, Lieutenant, how many are you facing?"

Last edited:

The Lieutenant looks a bit surprised but at the same time, a weight leaves his expression, "There were nearly thirty of them when we first came in. Most of the bodies here are ours, but we've taken down a good amount of them, too. The traitors are easy to spot. The troopers took of their helmets, and the officers have ripped off their ranks," he paused to motion to a few such items littering the ground, then pointed back towards where you had come from, "The only way to get around them is to head back that was and follow the other corridor. Just keep taking lefts and it should put you right behind them."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Capt. Archimedes

Archimedes nods at the Major, "With your leave sir?" and takes off at full-speed down the corridor to get a flanking position on the traitors.

OOC: I've only seek Veritas, Yangnome, and myself posting lately... did we lose everyone else?

Following the directions that the Lieutenant gave you, it isn't too much trouble to navigate the corridors. It is obvious that you're getting closer as the sounds of blaster fire start to grow again, though they are still distant. That is, until you round another corner.

Two blaster bolts streak right past, impacting the wall next to you. It is quickly apparent that these were not aimed at you. A good distance away, you can see a group of stormtroopers firing at a group of helmetless troopers at the middle distance down the corridor. There are crates and boxes set up as a barricade to the actual stormtooper's fire, but a few shots do fly over and towards you. The good thing is that the helmetless troopers aren't facing your direction. The bad news is that a few of them disappear down a corridor, leaving only six to provide covering fire. From the looks of it, they're falling back even more.

Before you can react, however, the corridors rocks violently. Down near the true stormtroopers you see a series of powerful explosions, defeaningly loud. Smoke covers the area on the opposite side of the corridor, making it impossible for those troopers to see...if they're even alive. The helmetless troopers, however, seemed to be expecting this. They were getting to their feet and looking like they were going to retreat with the companions. Luckily, you still have a clear view down the corridor.

((Going to go ahead and roll Initiative. Note that this is a surprise round, with all of you aware but the helmetless troopers are not.
So, Initiative. Joric 16. Archimedes 3. Devlin 6. Rannick 18. Dralon 17. Order for Surprise Round is: Rannick, Dralon, Joric, Devlin, Archimedes.

Map is attached. Lines are the walls. Xs are the crates, hS(number) are the helmetless troopers, and the other letters are you guys. Hopefully you can pick out your character. :) Note that the map IS to scale, so 1 square = 2 meters. Actions?))

Attachments

• Imperial Map1.jpg
    Imperial Map1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 71

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Captain Archimedes Daxson

OOC: Three... THREE!?! :p
OOC: So those guys are... 38 meters away?
Actions:
- MOVE: Move up 10 meters.
- ATTACK: Toss a frag grenade...

Last edited:

Remove ads