Galactic Empire: Serving the New Order

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Archimedes raced down the corridor's to the Storm Trooper barracks. Now was not the time for propiety. His haste earned him scowls from the officers that he passed, though most recognized him as one of Commander Dralon's group and said nothing... while he was in earshot.

He entered the barracks and immediately began putting on his armor. The other stormtroopers looked up with interest. "Action Archimedes?" they asked.

"You know that I can't answer that." He replied. "But, I have to admit that I'm going to enjoy the operational tempo of this assignment." With that final comment, he grabbed his blaster rifle... it was a thing of deadly beauty... all polished blue/black metal with a leather grip. His name was engraved upon the barrel. Dax had given it to his shortly after his graduation from his Storm Trooper Training. He'd obtained permission to use it in place of the standard issue blaster rifle. He carefully slung the weapon behind him, using the strap. His power packs fully charged, and his vibrosword strapped to his thigh, he made his way to the hangar.

He was pleased to note that he was early. The pilot, Devlin, was waiting. Archimedes didn't know him well, but if they were to be working together, they'd have to learn to respect each other.

Giving his weapons a final once-over, Archimedes paused and said. "Word in the barracks is that you're one of the best pilots in the Empire. You ready for this?"

In the main hangar, a small lambda-class shuttle sat on the bay, ramp down beneath the cockpit and three wings up in the usual folded position for landing. They had exited hyperspace a few minutes earlier, and some techs were doing final checks on the shuttle.

One of them, a younger looking man with short blonde hair, approached Dralon, "Sir, everything is ready for you. Good luck."

((Just a side note for Dralon. Lambda Shuttles are Starfighter-class so you can fly those, too. :)))

Last edited:

His preparations complete, Tyrcus strode into the main hanger where the rest of the unit was gathering. Dralon was getting the last minuite ok from the technicians.

Tyrcus stood by, arms folded across his chest. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, appearing to those around him to be focusing his thoughts in preparation for the mission. He let his mind wander free from the shackles of the moment, casting about for an impression of what might lay ahead.

ooc: Will use farseeing to get an impression of the situation planetside, hoping to sense any powerful images of the near future.

yangnome

First Post
Archimedes paused and said. "Word in the barracks is that you're one of the best pilots in the Empire. You ready for this?"
Really? That would certainly be news to me, I've never flown a ship in my life. Devlin said with a chuckle. You must have me confused with the Commander. I believe he's the ship jockey. As for the mission, I'm always ready to carry out the Emporer's work.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Capt. Archimedes Daxson

OOC: OOPS!!! My bad, I meant to check up on that but then the baby started cryin'. :eek:

Archimedes looks up from his weapon's check. "My apologies sir, I believe I was paying more attention to my weapons than to you... I did indeed have you confused."

He grins, "Not to worry though, it won't happen again. When we're on the ground, there will no further mistakes."

Archimedes boards the transport and chooses a seat without a view... he's never been comfortable with looking out a window while a starship is landing. He give's his armor's subsystems a final once-over and straps on his helmet.

DralonXitz

First Post
Commander Xitz nods to the technician and walks into the shuttle, giving a thumbs up as the entrance hatch closes. Taking a quick survey of the shuttle, he makes sure all of his men are there and slides into the Pilot's seat, putting his Comm headset on as he begins to flick a few switches on the Control Panel. As he waits for the sub systems to come online, Dralon looks back at his troops and asks, "Ready boys?

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Capt. Archimedes Daxson

Archimedes noted the commander's entrance into the shuttle and snapped to attention. At the commander's nod, he relaxed and added, "Ready sir."

He strapped himself in, hoping for a smooth flight... he'd never quite gotten the hang of space travel in small ships like this one. Emperor willing, they'd have a smooth flight down to Carida.

Carida... it seemed like he'd left here only yesterday, fresh from his training. That there could be traitors here perplexed him. The rebel propaganda was insidious... playing upon people's natural tendency towards chaos. Did they simply not understand that in order to provide greater security and in order to focus all the scattered power of humankind (economic and intellectual) the galaxy needed a unifying factor? The Emperor provided that. Through him, and by extension, his Empire, peace and unity could finally be achieved. Archimedes could not let the rebels prevent this from happening. He'd do his part. He'd break heads, and kill rebels, no doubt... that's what his job was. But at least he had a purpose. These terrorist would take that from him... and that was something that he couldn't allow.

It was a short and simply flight from the Dominator to the planet below. From the look of it, you weren't expected until later, as the large hangar had two or three speeders that looked to have been hastily moved to make room.

As the shuttle powered down, you could see a door open on the other side of the otherwise empty hangar. Out of it, a man in the usual olive green uniform ran out, hastily pulling on his hat in the process and obviously doing his best to look at least partialy presentable.

DralonXitz

First Post
Commander Xitz takes off his headset as he gets up, making sure he has everything he needs with him. After gripping his Pistol for a moment, he slides it back into the holster and quickly walks to the hatch, popping it open. As the pressure is released and the door opens, he takes in a deep breath of natural air and hops out, his hard boots making a loud clank as he lands. Straightening out his trenchcoat, he begins to walk to the man in the olive green outfit and says, "And who are you."

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Archimedes follows the commander out of the space transport, inwardly relieved that the flight is over. As the commander begins his interrogation of the nameless officer (and in Archimedes' experience, they were all basically the same hanger officers with slightly different faces and interchangeble names) he trained his weapon nonchalantly in the direction of the officer... taking care to take up a position that offered a clear shot... if the officer noticed, all the better.

OOC (will roll intimidation if necessary, as aid to Commander Dralon's questioning).

Remove ads