Galactic Empire: Serving the New Order

Lobo Lurker

First Post
"Affirmative sir." Archimedes flicks off the safety of his rifle and follows the major up the trail; keeping his eyes peeled for any danger. This is not a safe situation.

(( *Posts as he falls past from his plank walk* ))

Bruck also switched his safety off and followed the Major, uncomfortably eying their surroundings. Well, guess its do or die time. By the Emperor let it be the do part.

Getting your bearings, there does seem to be a small 'path' that goes at least mostly north. Its got enough room for you two walk two by two tightly through at the 'entrance', but it looks like it might spread out somewhat a little ways down.

Though there are many good spots to provide cover for the group from above, Sri and Devlin quickly notice that its going to take work to get to any of them. The canyon walls are a good ten meters up at the lower points, and though there are outcroppings and other sections that could be used in the same way, it would still require climbing the steep walls.

Veritas

First Post
Mjr Rannick, CompForce

Keeping his rifle at the ready, Rannick leads the two troopers to the north. He remains prepared for a fight at any time.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Devlin, Imperial 'soldier'

"Well, we had better hustle then if we are going to stay up with the Major."

Devlin heads towards the most promising section of the canyon wall for an assent. He slings his rifle across his back as he goes.

ooc: Climb +2.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
"Do we have any specific goals in mind Major? Or are we just walking..." the tall stormtrooper looks around uneasily. "I'm not afraid to die in service to the Emperor but if I were running a rebel outpost in the area, I know I'd have spotted us by now."

"Unfortunately, I have no suggestions."

dead_radish

Explorer
*Sri sighs.* "It certainly does. Not what I was looking forward too." *He'll scan the lip of the canyon, looking for something he might anchor a grappling line to to ease the climb.*

Veritas

First Post
Mjr Rannick, CompForce

Rannick continued to scan around as he responded "I try not to make a habit of underestimating our enemies, Archimedes, but these rebels don't have our training... as our fight back in town proved. Besides, we'd have been spotted even sooner in the speeder, and I didn't think we'd get much further in it along here anyways."

"Regardless, we're going up here to scout out what the object to the north is. If it's nothing, we'll head back and continue on, but I'm guessing it's not going to be nothing."

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Devlin, Imperial 'soldier'

"The canyons give us concealment, the high ground gives us visibility. A rock and a hard place."

Devlin tugs his poncho into place, making sure it covers his equipment.

"So shall we do this Sri?"

ooc: I'm assuming that we know better than to have blundered into their perimeter. But can you give us an idea of the likely security and defenses?
* Knowledge (tactics) +6, Profession (Military Officer) +3

Remove ads