• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Galactic Empire: Serving the New Order

doghead

thotd
2nd Lt Devlin

Devlin shrugs. He's about to make some droll comment about getting all the tough duty when he decides to keep his mouth shut. If it goes pear shaped, he's going to look like an idiot. Instead he pulls the holocam from his pack, drops it in a pocket and stows his bag.

The rifle he replaces back in the rack.

With a touch to the neck to ensure the comm is set, he salutes Rannick and follows Sri out.

"Right Sri. No sirs, no Ranks. Lets keep this low key shall we. If possible, I want to find out a little more about the Jawa. The Sandpeople can wait. Asking questions about them will just get a whole lotta attention I suspect.

"Lead on McDonalds."

dead_radish

Explorer
"Not a problem, mate." *Sri doesn't place his rifle in the rack, though he does stow it. He's dressed in his "expedition gear", which bears no rank insignia or even indication of Imperial affiliation.* "So, who are we? Because they're going to ask, if I know places like this. Oh, and you might want to find any spare creds you've got handy...."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Sri said:
"So, who are we? Because they're going to ask, if I know places like this. Oh, and you might want to find any spare creds you've got handy...."
"You'd better bet that someone noticed you got out of an imperial landspeeder with two stormtroopers. My guess is that you'd best stick to something that at least approximates the truth."

doghead

thotd
2nd Lt. Devlin, ISB.

((ooc: while Devlins is wearing no ISB insignia, he's obviously in Imperial army kit.))

"Archimedies is right. Keep it simple and as close to the truth as possible."

We really need to get this straight. Devlin motions Sri back to the speeder.

"Local liason and squad support, assigned to the S&R effort in the western desert."

Devlin turns to Rannick. "How does that sound?"

"I also think we should add that the local brass are quite pissed off, and keen to avoid egg on their face. Could be worth a few credit to the one who helps them out. But stay vague on the details. Just say the brass haven't said exactly.

"How about we work on the basis that we are off duty until," he glances at his watch and picks a time two hours from now.

Though none of the buildings around have any signs, the only one that seems to be getting any traffic is a non-descript, half circular shaped structure. The only collection of people that you see move in and out of there. Of course, there doesn't seem to be many people that would qualify for much more than desert scrap, but people are people in the end.

Veritas

First Post
Mjr Rannick, CompForce

He nods to Devlin. "Sounds like as good a plan as any. I'm curious if there's some sort of prefect of this settlement that we could talk to."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Rannik said:
He nods to Devlin. "Sounds like as good a plan as any. I'm curious if there's some sort of prefect of this settlement that we could talk to."
"On my world, the eldest and wisest were the camp leaders. It stands to reason that it'd be similar here." The tall storm trooper sounds oddly nostalgic.

doghead

thotd
2nd Lt Devlin, ISB

Lobo Lurker said:
"On my world, the eldest and wisest were the camp leaders. It stands to reason that it'd be similar here."

Eldest and wisest? Camp leaders? Devlin wonders where Archimedies is from.

"Right. See you in a couple of hours. Sri?"

And with that Devlin sets off for the non-descript kinda round building. If nothing that looks like a bar appears, he'll ask someone. Nice and friendly like.

Bruck stood tall and silent, it was "bucket on" time and he knew the near inhuman air a stormtrooper gave off was one of their biggest intimidation factors. He was thankful for the polarized lenses in his helmet as he took a quick glance around the sandblasted wasteland. Being the lowest ranked he'd keep the chatter in check and wait for orders. Only speaking if he felt his insight was required. Things seem to be moving fine anyway.

dead_radish

Explorer
*Sri nods to Devlin, and falls in to step beside him.* "You ever had a Sloe Jeeen Fyiz, Devlin? They're popular around this sector, I hear - put hair on your chest, your face, probably your hands and feet too." *As they walk, he makes idle chatter, and does the same search for a bar.*

OOC: I know, from SWG, that AH has a tavern *and* a cantina, and there's a rebel recruiter in the tavern! ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads