• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Galactic Empire: Serving the New Order

Veritas

First Post
Mjr Rannick, CompForce

He answers Sri "Understood. I'm downloading the information as we speak, and requesting the Conquest to keep us advised about it. Once they've provided a stormtrack, I can send it your way."

To Bruck he responds "We're not going anywhere just yet... we need a guide. I just don't look forwards to the possibility of flying through a sandstorm or digging the ship out of 5 meters of sand. We'll do what we need to do, but the quicker and easier we can make this mission, the better for all concerned."

"Archimedes... that might work out for finding sympathizers... but looking around here, I can't honestly say I believe that these people have any projections like that... I'm not even convinced there would be an accurate census. However, you make a good point about supplies. Perhaps there's some sort of general store where people get their supplies around here. That might be a place to start."

(ooc: I think this has been asked before, but do the two ST's have TK numbers? Should they have them?)

Sri and Devlin:

The old man, and at least a couple of others, grunt and nod after Devlin finishes speaking. In a rushed voice, the older man grumbles over his drink, "You're right. We ain't know nothin'. Just farmers. Ain't done nothin' against you Imperials. Can't go nowhere without bein' accused of somethin' by you people these days."

Rannick and Others:

The storm is mostly concetrated in the nothern part of the desert, and though the Conquest's scanners cannot penetrate the thick clouds near the south, they believe it should be possible to travel there without too much to worry about beyond the usual dangers. The projected course of the storm takes it east, though it could very easily swing around in any direction without warning.

dead_radish

Explorer
*Sri grins at the old man, whether or not he can be seen.* He's a fun fellow. *He stands, and walks over to Devlin and the man, motioning for the bartender to set the man up with another drink.* "Consider that a small repayment, then." *He takes a seat at the bar, but doesn't speak any further.*

Sri and Devlin:

The older man gives Sri a cross look before he returns to the bar, then goes on grumbling about something. The Rodian bartender gives you a careful look over again, but moves over to tend to the other patrons.

A moment later, Sri feels something press into his back, and a voice says very quietly, "Keep your mouth shut and don't move, Imperial."

Others:

Though many of the people seem to have been avoiding you for a while, you notice that there seem to be a larger influx of patrons into the tavern that Sri and Devlin entered. Whether it is the time of day, the storm, or something else, you don't know, but you do notice that the street is getting a bit emptier.

dead_radish

Explorer
*Sri goes stock still, and tenses up, both in genuine surprise, and an attempt to send a subtle signal to Devlin. He shifts his eyes left and right, trying to determine the amount of space he'd have if he were to throw himself off the stool, trusting in his blast vest to protect him....*

Veritas

First Post
Mjr Rannick, CompForce

Rannick's curiosity is peaked by the influx of people and nods towards the tavern to make sure Bruck and Archimedes notice. However, he sticks with business "Sri, do you have a datapad with you? I can send over the data about the stormtrack to you. Also, it is showtime in there or something?"

doghead

thotd
2nd Lt Devlin, ISB.

Devlin leans lightly one the back of an empty chair and considers the old farmer's response, and his options. At the moment, he doesn't really see any good ones. Going in hard will just confirm what they believe, and make them harder to reach.

Devlin nods, signalling his understanding.

"I know what you mean. But if you change your mind, the offer is an open one."

Devlinn straightens up.

"Oh, by the way. Word has just come in," he taps his comm, "of a big storm out in the desert. Its not coming this way, but," he shrugs, "thought that you might want to know."

He steps away from the table, turns and scans the room for Sri, spotting him at the bar.

ooc: Will wait to confirm what he sees before going on.

Remove ads