• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gallant Knight Games Merges with Comic & Novels Publisher Ragnarok Publications

Alan Bahr’s Gallant Knight Games has merged with Ragnarok Publications – a novels and comics publisher based in Kansas. Alan is also taking on the role of COO and Publisher overseeing their games division and the fulfilment of such items as the Shotguns & Sorcery RPG based on Matt Forbeck’s novels. Alan was previously working for Stewart Wieck’s Nocturnal Media, who had also purchased Gallant Knight Games, but the company was returned to him after Stewarts sudden and untimely death earlier this summer. More info below…

Alan Bahr’s Gallant Knight Games has merged with Ragnarok Publications – a novels and comics publisher based in Kansas. Alan is also taking on the role of COO and Publisher overseeing their games division and the fulfilment of such items as the Shotguns & Sorcery RPG based on Matt Forbeck’s novels. Alan was previously working for Stewart Wieck’s Nocturnal Media, who had also purchased Gallant Knight Games, but the company was returned to him after Stewarts sudden and untimely death earlier this summer. More info below…

With a heavy heart, Ragnarok Publications announced today that founding member, CEO, and Publisher for Ragnarok, Joe Martin, would be stepping back his involvement in the company in an effort to return to more creative endeavors. Without his vision, leadership, and hard work, Ragnarok would never have come to be.

Stepping up as CEO and Creative Director will be Jeremy Mohler, while Alan Bahr, recently of Nocturnal Media and Gallant Knight Games, will be taking on the role of COO and Publisher.

“We have big shoes to fill,” said Jeremy Mohler. “Joe (Martin) was a true visionary and had a keen eye for talent, which shows in the books and the authors that Ragnarok has published over the last several years. Alan and I are looking forward to pushing forward and working hard to fill those shoes.”

In addition to taking on the role of COO and Publisher, Alan Bahr, lead game designer and founder of Gallant Knight Games, will be working alongside the creative teams at Ragnarok Publications, Outland Entertainment’s publishing line, to create high-quality games and stories.

Gallant Knight Games (GKG) is a roleplaying and publishing company dedicated to heroic, fun and high-quality RPG materials. Alan, a game designer best known for Planet Mercenary: The Roleplaying Game, joins Ragnarok Publication’s team as a games division operator and special projects manager,

“I couldn’t be more excited about the merger of Gallant Knight Games with Ragnarok Publications and Outland Entertainment! Joining the Ragnarok and Outland team is an exciting step for me. I’ve loved reading ever since I was young, and to be part of a team that feels that as strongly as I do, is an exciting moment for me,” said Alan Bahr.

Bahr added, “Taking on the COO role and bringing my fulfilment experience to leverage for the combined company is a challenge I relish. We’re in the process of finishing up the outstanding Kickstarters, and I’m pushing the team hard, so we can move on to new, exciting and dynamic adventures in transmedia!”

GKG will assist in the completion and distribution of the roleplaying game, Shotguns & Sorcery, based on the novels by author Matt Forbeck (Guild Wars, Brave New World), which utilizes the Cypher system ruleset. Additionally, he will be involved in a similar role regarding Horsemen of the Apocalypse card game, created by the best selling fantasy author Mark Lawrence (The Broken Empire, Red Queen’s War).

“There’s a lot of work to be done, and we’re not shirking from that. Starting now, we’re working on putting a whole new experience forward, and we can’t wait to unveil some of the exciting changes we have coming,” explained Bahr.

Beyond these projects, Bahr and GKG will continue to deliver original oriducts like Tiny Frontiers, a minimalistic science fiction roleplaying game.

“I can’t begin to express my excitement at having Alan (Bahr) and his company, Gallant Knight Games, become part of Ragnarok,” stated Jeremy Mohler, CEO and Creative Director at Ragnarok. “Alan brings with him a huge amount of business savvy and experience with games that will benefit us astronomically. Plus, he makes awesome games that are a ton of fun. I can’t wait to share with everybody some of the things we’ve been cooking up!”

Bahr’s presence at this year’s Gen Con, alongside Matt Forbeck and other prolific authors, hopes to illustrate Ragnarok Publication’s proactive attitude toward strengthening its ties with the gaming universe.

-----

Ragnarok Publications, created in park by Joe Martin in 2013, publishes genre fiction and has released about 50 titles and worked with scores of authors. They are located online ay www.ragnarokpub.com. In 2017, Ragnarok became the publishing division of the Topeka, Kansas-based Outland Entertainment, LLC, founded by Jeremy Mohler in 2008.

Remove ads

Remove ads