[Game Aid]Card styles for MSE (Power cards, monster cards)

OakwoodDM

First Post
I notice above that Hirahito is/was working on Monster Cards, but he is obviously completely swamped with all the brilliant work he's doing on the Power Cards, so I thought I'd ask.

The one thing that would make my life several dozen times easier as a DM would be either Monster Cards or simply a database of all the monsters in the MM with all their stats (including attacks) so I can print out the stats for the monsters I'm using in each encounter. It would reduce page turning and the need for scraps of paper for hit point tracking.

Does anyone have or know of such a resource?

OakwoodDM

First Post
Except that the encounter builder is next to useless and before it went paid the MM stuff wasn't in the Compendium, and I'm not going to pay X amount each month for this one service. A reasonable one off payment I'd be happy with, if it had all the information, but not subscription.

Maybe if I was going to use any of the other parts of the service, I'd subscribe.

I'm about halfway through designing a Monster set, but it's nowhere NEAR like this one.

This one is too.... clean. I wanted one that was grungy and looked like a monster half ate it.

I'll post mine out when it's a bit closer to being done.

-- Hirahito

Hirahito, if you do make a set that looks less "clean" could you also include an option to allow a more clean (i.e., more printer friendly) look? I love your latest set of power cards with the option to remove background coloring and so on.

Later.
Highland Raider

Knight Otu

First Post
Question about your RPG cards (great work by the way)... I can't get the Dice symbol ( :6: ) to work on the MSE program. Could you inform me of the proper syntax for all your symbols?

I have done a small cleanup of card.png

Feel free to include this version in next release if you find it useful.

Here's a recreated b/w card that is a little cleaner than the previous one.

I've (finally) updated the monster card templates with the above. You can now add dice with (6), (5), and so forth, the higher quality image is used, and you can change to the printer-friendly b/w version on the style tab.

eloquentaction

First Post
Hirahito, if you do make a set that looks less "clean" could you also include an option to allow a more clean (i.e., more printer friendly) look? I love your latest set of power cards with the option to remove background coloring and so on.

Later.
Highland Raider

I'll most likely be adding Monster and Character Cards for my template after we release UCS Beta 4. And you're right - my cards need to have the option to be either simple or in 'artsy' mode. In fact, I think my Beta 4 template will have at least 2 versions: Artsy, Plain and maybe a few alternates.

Beta 4 has a LOT of changes that, while small, require a lot of 'grunt' work and a LOT of testing.

But yes, the Monster and Character cards are necessary for my next project: The DnDI Power Card Printer (or DnDI on PCP).

-- Hirahito

Last edited:

Remove ads