• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Game Closed] Dead of Winter: DnD3e-CoC Game in the Forgotten Realms (IC Forum)

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
I resent the e-mail, drs. Hopefully it will go through...

Otherwise, I think that MutantHamster was pulling my chain, and Spoof is pretty much MIA as far as I can tell. I'd like to start this campaign sometime around the 8 July (more on that in the next week or so), so I'm putting out the call one more time:

[this is kind of a bump]

One slot open, need an arcane spellcaster (Wizard or Sorcerer, no Bards — we need the real thing, not a utility class, no matter how cool I think it is ;)). Preferably single classed, although multi-classed is fine (here's something you Bard-lovin' people can play around with if you'd like). I'd also prefer a standard race, but if you want to go ECL +1, please go with Wizard.

I'd like some concrete interest by Saturday (which'll then give you a week to throw together a character, preferably earlier rather than sooner, just in case you want me to put together any background info — i.e. organizations, etc. — for you). In the event that no one wants to play :(, I'll develop an NPC caster to accompany the party for the meantime. If enough of you (Rorschach, bluegreenone, drs, perivas, novyet) would rather tough it out without an arcane caster of any sort (PC or otherwise), we can do that (I'm probably looking for unanimity here — if one person doesn't want to be without, then by hook or by crook, we'll have one). It isn't, however, recommended. :p

Hopefully we'll have the sixth player soon. :)

Best,
tKL

Old Fezziwig

Thanks, bluegreenone, but you're fine. It's not a case of either being more important than the other — I'm actually thrilled to have a druid in the campaign (there's a lot of stuff I can do with that given where I'm going with this). The arcane spellcaster is more important now because of the makeup of the rest of the party, I'd feel the exact opposite if you all of a sudden switched, if that makes any sense. So, unless it's what you really want to do...:)

Also, I got your e-mail. I'll reply tonight when I have a chance to work it into where I'm going with all this.

Best,
tKL

perivas

First Post
Without an arcanist

I'm willing to start without an arcane spellcaster. People rely too much on magic to achieve their ends.

Old Fezziwig

drs said:
Yeah I'm with perivas, we don't need one if no one wants the role.

And Kaj the email didn't get through :(, just make sure you're sending it to drsoup@yoll.net.

Tell you what. I'll send you an e-mail tonight with the Tormguard information in it. Rather than resending the e-mail telling you about when I'm going to send it. Also, I need some info on Knowledge (War) — I've no problem with it off hand, but I need to know what it entails before I say it's good to go.

Okay. As soon as we hear from novyet and bluegreenone , we'll get going or not as the case may be. :)

Oh — Rorschach — the information on Clangeddin will be in your box on (I hope) Thursday. And, bluegreenone, I got sidetracked last night, but I'll send your e-mail out this morning or afternoon.

Best,
tKL

RichardFannon

First Post
Is the slot for the wizard still open

Kajamba:

I'm certainly interested.

Karak Thanta Oskar Stonejointer Dankil (known as Oskar Dankil to his friends) is a sixty-four year old Dwarven diviner. He was apprenticed to a smith-priest of Moradain, but it didn’t work out. Oskar’s free spirit and curiosity were more suited to the worship of Dugmaren Brightmantle. He also just couldn’t get his head round divine magic. So he underwent the Runaway’s Rite, borrowed his great-great-grandfathers apprentice spellbook and left.

He has something to prove. He’s not quite sure what, but he’s going to make his clan and his parents proud of him. He just doesn’t know how yet.

His low charisma is more lack of confidence and a stammer, rather had being ugly.

I'll post the character tonight if you want?

Remove ads