• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GAME OF THRONES #10:Fire and Blood ACT 10 Chapter 1-2011--Season Ending

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Fire and Blood
As tragic news spreads across the Seven Kingdoms, Bran and Rickon share a prophetic dream, Catelyn interrogates Jaime about her son's fall, and Robb's destiny is forever changed. After a surprising decision by his father, Tyrion heads south. Arya assumes a new identity in an attempt to escape King's Landing, and Sansa is terrorized by Joffrey. At the Wall, Jon is forced to choose between the Night's Watch and the family he left behind. Across the sea, Dany pays a terrible price for her love, but finds new hope.

Game-of-Thrones-Daenerys-Targaryen_360.jpg

Last edited:

Starman

Adventurer
I've read the books a couple of times and I'm still super-excited for tonight's episode. I've had my quibbles but for the most part the series has exceeded my expectations.

Starman

Adventurer
An incredible end to an incredible season. They succeeded beyond my expectations with this adaptation. I can't wait for season 2.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
As someone once said, 'Don't get attach to any characters...' ,but heck, some of them you just have walked with a razor edge just to like them.:D

Was trying to find a smaller pic for this season ending. That fits the bill, if anyone finds similar, link it, and I will replace the current one.

'Fire cannot kill a dragon'

:p:p:p:p:p

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
Ending?

What was the final image we were left with to draw us to set us up for Season 2? I want to see if they went with what I think they went with. I won't be able to watch it for a bit.

What was the image before the credits rolled?

Kzach

Banned
Banned
How is this thread not the most popular thread in the universe after that season finale?

The CGI was really well done. I honestly didn't have very high hopes for it after seeing the Eyrie CGI, but I felt this episode's was top-notch. I so hope HBO greenlights a huge budget for the rest of the seasons.

The actress that plays Sansa finally impressed me. Up until tonight's episode I was underwhelmed by her but she managed to really come into her own in this episode. And the moment with Jon in the forest was just so cool.

Oh, and Arya is AWESOME!

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
So, first of all ... Awesome!

The final image, Celt, was I think exactly the one you're envisioning -- Dany after the fire with her children.

There's so much to discuss, though it adhered so well to the book (while bringing in a few early scenes from the next book as well) that there was nothing I found really surprising in any regard, but it was enjoyable seeing how they got to that final shot.

So much happened that I was a bit surprised to realize that I had forgotten about Arya for a while after the ending of the episode. But once I remembered again, I sort of wished that they had given us an initial introduction to Jaqen, instead of keeping him covered up as they did.

They're definitely making Shae feistier than in the novels, a lot more willing to challenge and talk back to Tyrion, rather than just flatter and wheedle. I like her more as a character, but wonder if Tyrion is quite as likely to fall for this Shae as for the one who incessently flattered him in the novels.

I liked Grand Maester Pycelle's "the thing about kings" speech, and the prostitute's bored attitude toward it (and him). Was that Ros again, making an appearance? For the life of me, I can't figure out what the producers are attempting with that character. Is it cheeper to have only one actress on the payroll whose main qualification for her role is "looks good naked" rather than hiring several, or is this an actual attempt to tie a number of characters together through their "association" with Ros?

Oh well. A long wait till next season!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads