• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GAME OF THRONES #10:The Children ACT 49 Chapter 4-2014 *Season Ending*

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
The Children

Daenerys must face harsh realities; Bran learns more about his destiny; Tyrion sees the truth of his situation; and circumstances north of the Wall are altered by an unexpected arrival.

stark-children.jpg

Pretty twisted that they decided to air that on Father's Day.

I find it poetically appropriate.

This episode has some implications for the book series.
It's clear Jojen Reed probably won't amount to anything in the books, since they killed him off in this episode. If he had a future, this action would tie the TV show into an intractible knot. It's a bit of a shame as I was expecting Jojen to be the one who reveals what really happened in the last fight where Ned Stark and Howland Reed participated. But, between Meira Reed and Bran's greenseer abilities I can see Jojen isn't strictly necessary to gain that information. Perhaps more to the point, the TV series has had minimal hints about the importance of that event (though they are there, in season 1), which makes me wonder if it is a red herring or if the TV show will somehow work around it.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Overall, a fantastic episode. One major complaint, though...

No Lady Stoneheart

Would have been a great season ending surprise.

However, I was much more upset about them not giving us
Jamie telling Tyrion about Tysha, and then Tyrion telling Jamie about how Cersei was fooling around with Lancel Lannister, and others. That really gave Tyrion a clean break from both his family and from King's Landing/Westeros.

Fast Learner

First Post
I find it poetically appropriate.

This episode has some implications for the book series.
It's clear Jojen Reed probably won't amount to anything in the books, since they killed him off in this episode. If he had a future, this action would tie the TV show into an intractible knot. It's a bit of a shame as I was expecting Jojen to be the one who reveals what really happened in the last fight where Ned Stark and Howland Reed participated. But, between Meira Reed and Bran's greenseer abilities I can see Jojen isn't strictly necessary to gain that information. Perhaps more to the point, the TV series has had minimal hints about the importance of that event (though they are there, in season 1), which makes me wonder if it is a red herring or if the TV show will somehow work around it.

It's entirely possible (book spoilers)
that Jojen is important in the books and they'll just have someone take his place (as part of a composite) in the show

NewJeffCT

First Post
It's entirely possible (book spoilers)
that Jojen is important in the books and they'll just have someone take his place (as part of a composite) in the show

Nope.
He was dying at the end of book 5, so I think they would have consulted GRRM on his fate if they planned to "off" him this year.

Nope.
He was dying at the end of book 5, so I think they would have consulted GRRM on his fate if they planned to "off" him this year.
Heh... It's pretty funny that you try to hide the post, but the word fate is highlighted. I know it's a forum thing, but it's just funny.

As for what you said, yeah, that sounds about right.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads