Gameday Raffle

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the Fall Gamedays (at the end of Saturday PM session, just before the group dinner), we do a raffle of gaming books donated by various folks, including a huge chunk from past ENnies judges. Tickets are $1 a piece, and numbers will be drawn from a hat until all prizes have been disbursed. Each winner will be allowed to pick one item (or, in some cases, bundle) from the pile. Purchasing multiple tickets entitles you to multiple chances to win.

Exact change is appreciated :D

All proceeds go to fund future gamedays, gameday parties, refreshments, or whatever else we need. In addition, a donation is made to charity on behalf of the American Federation of Teachers, who generously allow us to use their conference space for free.

Last edited by a moderator:

madwabbit

First Post
Raffle donations

Also, if you have gaming-related stuff you think might be good for us to add to the raffle, contact either me or Rodrigo by PM (or email us at dcgameday AT gmail DOT com), and let us know.

Rumor has it that ThinkGeek is donating a $50 gift certificate for the raffle... ;)

Thank you!

Last edited:

This rumor is 100% true. (For those who don't know, ThinkGeek is my day job.) I'll have some random freebies and catalogs for folks, too. :)

I have a great love of ThinkGeek. That is awesome of you guys!

ThinkGeek Catalogs = dangerous for PKB.

Last time, I got 2 shirts, an anniversary gift for my husband, and the birthday candles that burn the same color as the candle.

That being said.... sure... hand me a catalog. :)

HandofMystra

First Post
I bought 20 tickets and only got two hits, but one was a $30 book, so I made out. I think that this is a great idea.

Cassander

First Post
This rumor is 100% true. (For those who don't know, ThinkGeek is my day job.) I'll have some random freebies and catalogs for folks, too. :)

For what it's worth, ThinkGeek got one sale out of doing this even before the con. I had gone to their website and saw something I had to have in the clearance section and bought it.

The wind-up flashlights are pretty cool too.

Seonaid

Explorer
I'm totally not complaining, but if ThinkGeek wanted to donate again next time, two $25 certificates (instead of one for $50) would be awesome IMO. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads