• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gamers Born in 1974?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Last thing I want to think of is a bunch of old, fat gamer men playing Strip Poker...

I was more thinking of adults way below the first D&D age category change. Though I always thought Co-Ed Strip Poker is way better: You play in mixed teams: The men play cards, and the women strip. Everyone wins. And, interestingly enough, you see some of the worst poker in setups like this, even when the world champion is playing.

palleomortis said:
Anyone here from '88?

Aren't you supposed to be lying in bed or something, youngster? :p

You know, when you get to be my age, you have seen everything, heard everything, done everything - but you can't remember it for your life.

(Damn, I'm bashing younger ones. So young and already old. I haven't even been a real adult.)

ptolemy18

First Post
Is this poll for real?

I'm a 1974 baby too, and it's sort of shocking/mind-boggling to find out that the majority of D&D players were all born in the same year... (I started playing around 1981 or so... elementary school nonsensical D&D, yee haw!!) ;) )

So either we were all part of some genetic experiment by TSR to tie in with the launch of D&D, or that was just THE TIME to get into role-playing games... :/

Either way it's disturbing....

Jason

Nifft

Penguin Herder
ptolemy18 said:
So either we were all part of some genetic experiment by TSR to tie in with the launch of D&D, or that was just THE TIME to get into role-playing games... :/

Either way it's disturbing....

GYGAX == GATTACA!!!1! D&DNA!!!1!

I suspect it's the combination of factors...
1/ RPG community age;
2/ Internet community age; and
3/ The sort of people who come to EN World.

-- N

Remove ads