Gamers Seeking Gamers Trials (Community Supporters Only)

DarkKestral

First Post
Morrus, I don't have a Community Supporter Account, but I see the new GSG section and can search for games, though I don't see the ways to add a game. I don't know if that was fully intended right now, but there you go.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
If "BESM" means what I think it does, shouldn't it be "BECM" instead (for Basic/Expert/Companion/Masters boxed sets?)

If not...should BECM be added?

garyh

First Post
If "BESM" means what I think it does, shouldn't it be "BECM" instead (for Basic/Expert/Companion/Masters boxed sets?)

If not...should BECM be added?

I believe "BESM" is Big Eyes Small Mouths, a d20 game that's totally anime.

Really, it's based on anime. What?;)

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
1. Should be a way to enter zip code in the US and search within X miles of zip code. Using city will be useless for my city...I live in Los Angeles, composed of 42 individual cities. If I put in Sherman Oaks for example the odds of me finding someone in that particular city is near 0. But I have 4 other cities within walking distance of Sherman Oaks, and about 25 within easy driving distance, and most folks will not just put "Los Angeles" because that has a specific meaning in this area.

Which is the long way of saying that everything is done within range of a zip code in the US, and all mapping software and other matching stuff is similarly done that way,

2. When I search for anyone in the entire US playing any game, I get zero matches. So either I am doing something wrong, or the system is not currently actually functioning.

3. It should specify which fields are mandatory to conduct a search.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
1. Should be a way to enter zip code in the US and search within X miles of zip code. Using city will be useless for my city...I live in Los Angeles, composed of 42 individual cities. If I put in Sherman Oaks for example the odds of me finding someone in that particular city is near 0. But I have 4 other cities within walking distance of Sherman Oaks, and about 25 within easy driving distance, and most folks will not just put "Los Angeles" because that has a specific meaning in this area.

Which is the long way of saying that everything is done within range of a zip code in the US, and all mapping software and other matching stuff is similarly done that way,

I don't remotely possess the skills to do that, unfortunately. I hope that at some point I can find someone to do it for us.

2. When I search for anyone in the entire US playing any game, I get zero matches. So either I am doing something wrong, or the system is not currently actually functioning.

My fault - bad phrasing. "Any" isn't any differnet to "D&D 3.5" from the profile field POV, so it's specifically searching for people who have checked "Any", not people who have checked any of the others. If that makes sense. And nobody has actually selected "Any".

It's to do with the way vBulletin search functions work; again, beyond my skills to do an X or Y or Z search because that requires recoding how vBulletin searches. For now, I'lll remove "Any", and, agan, I hope it's something I can find someone to do.

3. It should specify which fields are mandatory to conduct a search.

None are. If you leave it all blank, you'll get the entire member list.

Urbannen

First Post
There is no option for Classic D&D, also called Basic D&D, also called B/X/C/M, also called RC (Rules Cyclopedia) D&D (and I'm sure there must be other names). This is the version of D&D that the Gazetteer series was made for.

If I recall correctly, OD&D stands for Original D&D, which was first published in 1974 and is a different rules set.

Remove ads